License File

Hi,

I just downloaded Adabas Community Edition ADA614.zip. It installed okay but no databases are active. I found that it needs a license XML file. But there is no XML file in the downloaded zip file. Where do I get that XML file?

Thanks

Community Edition gives me the sense that this is some lite/free version? If so, I would expect there should be one. Please check to see if you are required to register your copy (even if it is free). It is possible registration is required before you can receive this XML license file.

SAG has said several times that no license keys are needed for the Community editions.

Were you expecting databases to be created automatically during installation? There used to be an option to create a demonstration database, but the default (Yes or No) sometimes changes from release to release.

To load the demo database, start DBA Workbench, click on Database New, and check Load Demofiles.

To activate a database, select it from the list and press Ctrl-s or click Database Start.

The Community edition is not a lite version of Adabas. The only limitations I know of are

• no PLOG
    maximum DB size
    maximum users

I would say that these were all reasonable for a non-production database.

I know SAG says no license keys are needed. And max database size is 20 MB. But it still asks for license file

Whenever I try to create a new database it gives me error

%ADAFRM-I-STARTED, 24-FEB-2009 18:16:05, Version 6.1.4.04(03) (Windows)

%ADAFRM-F-LCINFIL, License file C:\Program Files\Common Files\Software AG\LKey\ada61.xml is invalid
%ADAFRM-I-ABORTED, 24-FEB-2009 18:16:05, elapsed time: 00:00:00

I can’t find that ada61.xml file in my computer.

Thanks

I forgot to mention - my OS is Windows Vista. I installed Adabas first. Then I installed Natural.
Do I have to install them in different order? Should I uninstall and reinstall ADABAS again? I guess my Natural is working fine.

Thanks

Installation sequence doesn’t matter for just Adabas and Natural. (Installation sequence makes a difference if you include other products, like NDV.)

Does the Adabas license file exist in the specified directory?

• C:\Program Files\Common Files\Software AG\LKey\ada61.xml

If it does, open it to verify that the operating system list includes Vista.

If it doesn’t, search your PC for ada61.xml and copy it to directory

• C:\Program Files\Common Files\Software AG\LKey

Thanks!! That worked. I renamed the existing ada61.xml file. And it created the database successfully.
Thanks again.

Hi I am facing a similar problem but with little difference
I have got my XML licence file at
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Software AG\LKey
But when i try to open it it gives me the following error

Invalid at the top level of the document. Error processing resource 'file:///C:/Program Files/Common Files/Software AG/LKey…

LEGAL NOTICES (ALLv200801)
^

Its not allowing me to create any database it gives me the following error
%ADAFRM-I-STARTED, 10-MAR-2009 17:19:01, Version 6.1.4.04(03) (Windows)

%ADAFRM-F-LCINFIL, License file C:\Program Files\Common Files\Software AG\LKey\ada61.xml is invalid
%ADAFRM-I-ABORTED, 10-MAR-2009 17:19:01, elapsed time: 00:00:00

Please advice
Thanks
Sujoy