We are doing it again! We will have our 2nd IoT Hackathon at the IUG Conference 2024 in Dublin!
After the success of the last year IoT Hackathon at the IUG 2023, which brought up a lot of fantastic solutions and was quite a fun event, it was not a very tough decision that we will repeat it in 2024.
This is your chance to attend an on-site full-day hackathon where we focus on 3 different challenges to build amazing stuff in heterogeneous teams. Be assured that our IoT experts, you might know from this community, will also be attending to accelerate your success!
There are no participation fees, so make sure to register early as the seats are limited!
If you attended last year and have already read enough, don’t hesitate and register yourself here:
For all the others, let’s find out what we have planned for this IoT Hackathon.
This year we will have 3 amazing challenges according to our IoT Ecosystem dimensions:
One of the main focus of this challenge will be thin-edge.io.
With the upcoming thin-edge.io release 1.0, the device management & Cumulocity IoT integration is nearly complete. Make use of that and integrate & extend the integration of any kind of devices to Cumulocity IoT. Is there something missing in thin-edge.io? Build your own plugins for thin-edge.io to make it even more powerful!
Also of course all other topics closely related to Device Integration like the new MQTT Service, LWM2M, Device Management, OPC-UA, LPWAN Connectivity or any other connectivity protocol or stack will be part of this challenge.
So if you are a device vendor or customer who is looking forward to connect your device to Cumulocity IoT within one day or if you want to bring your integration to the next level: This is your challenge!
This challenge is for all the frontends guys. Either you are pretty new to frontend development with Cumulocity IoT and just want to learn or try out or you are already experienced and have already implemented some. There are already tons of community UI plugins available but surely not everything is covered. You have a great idea of a UI plugin that could be beneficial for all? Great, let’s build it together!
This challenge is a perfect match for all kind of customers and partners who are looking forward to build frontend assets on top of Cumulocity IoT or want to improve their skills to do so!
You have a great idea of an IoT solution built on top of Cumulocity IoT? This is the right challenge for you to implement anything in regard to Cumulocity IoT. Be it a new system integration supported by a microservice or a (small) solution leveraging Cumulocity IoT Dashboarding & Streaming Analytics capabilities.
The IoT Solutions challenge is the perfect challenge for those who are the IoT brains behind IoT solutions: IoT Solution Architects, designing small end-to-end solutions and bringing them to live some clicks & customization.
Ever wanted to understand what thin-edge.io is about or try out brand-new features of Cumulocity IoT? Here is your chance!
- Learn - The best way to learn new things is by just doing it! We support you in your learning experience so it will be very efficient and fun!
- Discover - See what you can achieve when unleashing the full Cumulocity IoT potential. We provide you access to our full IoT software stack.
- Meet - We have them all! All the experts support you in person to have a great experience.
- Connect - See what other companies & partners are doing. Exchange to find overlaps or even a joined approach to become partners.
- Compete - Get honor & fame by reaching the top 3 teams which will be awarded by a jury of experts.
- Fun - We will make sure this is a fun event with a comfortable environment and refreshments but most importantly bring you together with open-minded people to meet and collaborate with.
You are the right person if you meet the following requirements:
- You are a partner, customer, or working for a company currently investigating Cumulocity IoT.
- You are in a technical role, designing or implementing IT/IoT solutions.
- You are experienced in software development and have fresh ideas about IoT solutions.
- You bring your own equipment Bring your own devices: Notebooks, power supply, and any other equipment you want to work with.
- You are open to trying something new or have already some things in mind you want to implement in one of the challenges!
SAG-Employees: Please don’t register. You will be approached by the orga team and join the hackathon as selected experts in specific areas.
The hackathon will be conducted on 9th of April 2024 9.00 am to 6.00 pm in Dublin. To start in time ideally you arrive the day before.
Here is the detailed time schedule:
- April 9th 2024, 9.00 am - 6.00 pm: Hackathon
- April 10th + 11th 2024: Join us for the Cumulocity IoT Product Track
Make sure you register by 1st of April latest. After a review, your registration will be confirmed. Please wait with your travel arrangement after you get the attendance confirmation.
If you have any request or question please don’t hesitate and contact me here by sending me a PM.
I’m looking forward seeing you there having a great experience together!