Make IUG 2024 Networking easy with Meet the experts

I’m buzzing with excitement! IUG 2024 is just around the corner, and I can’t wait to experience the city of Dublin, steeped in history and beautiful landscapes.
image image image

And looking at the agenda it’s tough to decide which sessions to add to my calendar and what I will have to miss (thank God there will be recordings). But for me the most important part of any live event is the people and the opportunity to connect with them. The fact that there will be hundreds of peers who use (or build) the same products, face similar challenges and come up with solutions every day creates a unique energy. It’s like having a room full of collective genius waiting to be tapped into. It’s also the easiest way to meet the architects and thought leaders, shaping these products, ask questions and tell them how to make them even better for you.

At the same time networking is an art and not everyone is that good at it. If you’re shy like me, you know what I mean.

It can feel like stalking down speakers during lunch breaks or trying to squeeze a conversation into a five-minute coffee break. You spend ages chasing down the person you want to talk to, only to find them swamped or mid-conversation. Then there’s the whole “remembering names and faces” thing, which let’s just say isn’t everyone’s forte. That’s why I’m so excited about IUG’s Meet the experts initiative. It takes the uncertainty out of networking and ensures you have the chance to connect with the right people and have focused conversations. So instead of:

Option 1: The traditional approach

• Playing detective: Identifying the right expert for your needs can be a challenge.
  • Scheduling Tetris: Finding a time slot that works for both of you amidst a packed conference schedule.
  • Crowd control: Battling the conference throng to actually locate your target.
  • Timing: You’ll need to be concise and focused during your brief chat, hoping it’s enough time to get your point across.

Option 2: Sign up for “Meet the experts”

This is where things get smooth and efficient. Here’s how it works:

1. Tick the Box: During registration, simply select the Meet the expert session checkbox.
    Already registered? No worries, just shoot us a PM @techcommunity-team and we’ll get you added.

1. Tell Us Your Topic: We’ll be reaching out for a bit of details about what you’d like to discuss. Fill out a short form about your area or interest, specific topic and convenient time.
  2. Relax and Connect: We’ll do the rest, matching you with the perfect Software AG expert based on your chosen topic.
  3. Seamless Scheduling: We’ll arrange a meeting at a convenient time for both of you, securing a space and handling any logistical hiccups.

If you haven’t yet, you can easily register for IUG 2024 from the link below. See you in Dublin.

2 Likes