Who does ADABAS-accounting using REVIEW ?

Who of you is using REVIEW to collect ADABAS-based data for accounting purposes? Especially we’d like to know if sby of you also uses the field CMDRESP (CPU consumption on Cmd-level); can this value be trusted?
It’s also an assumption, comprises the time the cmd takes for execution BUT without delay for IOs, that is it depends on many circumstances (out of many A1 e.g. the cheapest in this nucleus session is taken as avalue for all A1 irrespective of how much CPU they’a actually taken); Hence ADABAS-cmds are not really measured (would be too expensive, too CPU-consuming to measure (STCK) each cmd).
If not REVIEW, what are you using?;
We’ve been using APAS (from CA) to get accounting data out of ADABAS, there CPU is based on outdated formulas provided by ADABAS (stemming from Version 4 !). we use them together in a formula with Service Units of the HW-vendor (IBM) and the IOs caused by a a user or a job.
Can I have hints ?
If you need more information pls tell.

Thnks for your time!

Dear Freddy,

have you heard of TRIM from Treehouse ? Maybe this could be an alternative.
I have heard that this is a solid 3rd Party Add-On since a dozen of years.
Myself I have only fond memories on that solution.

Kind regards
Matt

Yes, we know of TRIM from Treehouse, But watch our situation: APAS satisfies our needs, but our management is searching for cheaper solutions as APAS; Above that the APAS contract endng by 2007; so we’re examining REVIEW for it’s provided by the vendor of ADABAS + NATURAL - maybe this could be an advantage when it comes to future rekleases, ADABAS Cluster Services a so on …;
now we see there are gaps between the 2 systems (which is normal, they’re different); in that process we found that there is a great potential for improvement in the way we’re doing accountig and the Q arose: how are other big ADABAS-shops doing that?
Can you give us a (short) information relating on what basis do you charge your DB(MS)-service to your customers ?

rgds, Freddy