Where config the default session-time-out-page?

Hello!
Today I’ve reduced the session time out at
Natural for Ajax Configuration Tool > Session Configuration > Global Settings > Last activity timeout (n seconds):
from 3600 to 600
just for testing. Now I’ve the following problem:
Before this change, at session time out the user got the page
http://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:8080/cisnatural/servlet/StartMessagePage?TYPE=SESSIONTIMEOUT

Now, after my change at session time out, the user never see the page
http://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:8080/cisnatural/servlet/StartMessagePage?TYPE=SESSIONTIMEOUT, the browser-windows now is closed when the session time out is reached and the user e.g. klick on a button at the page.

Please help me:
Where can I setup, so that the user comes to the page
http://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:8080/cisnatural/servlet/StartMessagePage?TYPE=SESSIONTIMEOUT
again, after session time out is reached and the user is active on the page again?

Thank you very much!
kind regards

Hi Ma We,

what do you want to achieve? Is it that you would like to have a time out if the end-user does not do anything in his browser for more than 10 Minutes?

If yes:
Reduce the session timeout in the file /cis/config/cisconfig.xml
Per default it is set to
sessiontimeout=“3600”

You can reduce it if want a session timeout earlier.

Does this meet your requirements?

Best Regards,
Christine

Hi Christine,
basically yes, I want to change the users “session-time-out”-time from default 3600 sec to 7200 sec. Now I found two files:
C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 7.0\webapps\cisnatural\cis\config[b]cisconfig.xml[/b]
with sessiontimeout=“3600”
and
C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 7.0\webapps\cisnatural\WEB-INF[b]sessions.xml[/b]
with <last_activity_timeout>3600</last_activity_timeout>
included.

When I just only set
C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 7.0\webapps\cisnatural\cis\config\cisconfig.xml
sessiontimeout=“3600” to sessiontimeout=“7200” I got an session-error after 3600 sec.

What are the differences between this two settings in cisconfig.xml and sessions.xml?

Thank you very much!

Hi Ma We,

sessiontimeout=“3600” in the cisconfig.xml means:
If for more than 1 hour no event was sent from the browser to the cisnatural web application running in Tomcat, the “Ajax” session is timed out. An event in the “Ajax” session must not necessarily imply a server roundtrip to Natural. For instance some scrolling or sorting events will not trigger a server roundtrip to Natural.

A timeout of an “Ajax” session will trigger a timeout of the Natural session applied to this “Ajax” session.

The “last_activity_timeout” in the session.xml only applies to contacting the Natural connection. This means:
If for more than 1 hour no roundtrip to Natural was done, then a timeout occurs.

Since roundtrips to the web application occur more frequently than roundtrips to Natural, I recommend to set the last_activity_timeout at least as high as the sessiontimeout in the cisconfig.xml.

Example:
If a timeout should occur only if for more than 2 hours no activity in the browser was done by the end-user, I recommend to set values (sessiontimeout in cisconfig.xml and last_activity_timeout in session.xml) to 7200.

Does this answer your question?

Best Regards,
Christine

Hi Christine,

that’s exactly the info I’m looking for! :smiley:
Thank you very much!