webMethods Upgrade - Will 10.11 version deploy work with 10.3

What product/components do you use and which version/fix level?

webMethods 10.3 Integration Server and webMethods 10.11 Integration Server

Are you using a free trial or a product with a customer license?

Customer License

What are trying to achieve? Please describe in detail.

Hi.
We’re planning to upgrade our webMethods 10.3 to 10.11.

We have 3 integrations servers:
1 for DEV
2 for PRD (with Terracotta clustering)

We planned to firstly upgrade our DEV to the new 10.11 version, then make stability tests with it.
But, we may need to develop new flow services and deploy them to our PRD integration servers.

Will these deploys work when deploying from 10.11 Integration server to 10.3 Integration Server?

Or should we upgrade all of them at once?

Thanks!

Do you get any error messages? Please provide a full error message screenshot and log file.

No error messages

1 Like

Hi,

deploying downwards from 10.11 to 10.3 will not work.

You can create a clone from your 10.3 DEV instance for migration.
During the migration you can use the original 10.3 instance for ongoing development and use the clone for 10.11 development and stability test.

After finishing your tests you can migrate the clustered PROD instances together.

Remember to perform development in parallel on both 10.3 and 10.11 instances until the PROD is finally updated to the new version.

Regards,
Holger

1 Like

Thank you Holger for your response, information and advises!

I didn’t know that we could use different versions in parallel, this is very good.

What should I do to enable this paralellism? Should I only instal the new 10.11 version in another folder, migrate and change the ports to another ones? We also use a WmDB, should we backup it before the migration?

After cloning your current 10.3 instance into an 10.11 instance follow the instructions in the Upgrade Guide.
WmDB should be considered automatically during the migration process.

After this is complete, the parallel development will be a manual task until cut over to the new 10.11 production.

Regards,
Holger

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.