Universal Messaging and IS on VMs
- Can the hostnames be changed after provisioning and installing/configuring of SAG components/products? What would be the impact for the installed components? Can we identify all the configurations (config and/or property files), database table names and/or database entries to change the hostnames after the components/products have been installed…
- Can we use the existing Enterprise Manager (wM version 9.9) for new version (10.7). Is the Enterprise Manager included as part of UM component/product?
- Is there a provision to enable UM access (messaging triggers, connection factories, queues, topics etc. as applicable) via Mws? In other words, are there UM interfaces or can the UM be configured to administer and monitor in Mws?
4) What is the jdk/jre that is shipped with 10.7 version?
5) Do we need to install external jdk/jre or can we use the version shipped with wM 10.7?
6) Can we have jdbc drivers connecting to different versions of SQL Server database within an enterprise?
For example, SQL Server 2019 for SAG component/product database for wM version 10.7
SQL Server 2014 or SQL Server 2016 database for applications (transactional data)
In such a case, where should the jar files (jdbc drivers) to be placed on IS and are there any specific settings/configurations to be performed for the proper functioning of JDBC pools and/or JDBC adapter connections?
a) Will there ever be a conflict of database drivers between the two versions?
b) Will higher version of jdbc driver connect to lower version of database server?