Webmethods Help

Hi Friends,

Please could you help me for the below questions.
I am intermediate user and have some knowledge on webMethods.

1. There is no record delimiter in a flatfile, how will you parse it at this point of time?
  2. string list is there and you have duplicate strings in this list how will you remove this to avoid duplicate?
  3. What is difference between invoke and transformers?Why you use each one of them?
  4. In Repeat statement,it was asked when it will execute successfully, won’t it go for infinite repeats.(This was asked since I told that if it is set to -1 then stmts repeat until its true.)

Hi pavithrak2006 *

Please refer “webMethods Service Development Help” pdf, you will get all the solutions for your questions. Thanks :slight_smile:

Hi,

1. If there is no record delimeter in a flat file, there is a more options u can go for e.g.Fixed length or variable length please check which will suite u as per ur requirement.

2. for this i have to look into these i will let u know once i got any solution, but as per my idea u can achieve this through wM. please refer some WmPackage service.

3. invoke and transfer both can use for calling a wM service, but they have some advantage and disadvantage as well.(like in Invoke u will get implicit mapping for the variables but in case of Map u have to do mapping becoz u will call this as transformer.

4.As simple repeat is same like DO WHILE LOOP, it execute first then will check the conditions.

Let me know if you are facing any problem to understand these.

Thanks,
Vicky

string list is there and you have duplicate strings in this list how will you remove this to avoid duplicate?

It is simple to do in Java or XSLT transformation where you have direct functions to do this. In wM it is little bit tricky
you need to perform logic.