webMethods Free trial on Windows 7

Hi Mohammed,

Looks like firewall is blocking your access to login.salesforce.com.
Can you try to access https://login.salesforce.com via IE from the server where IS is installed? Also, can you try to connect with https://test.salesforce.com?

Thanks
Satish

Awsome… :lol: I have just downloaded the image :lol:

Waiting for the 64 bit windows OS :arrow:

Rankesh, Hi:
I am looking for webMethods 8.2 free trail download. Would appreciate if you could send me the url for the same.

Thanks in advance
Ravi Chandar

Hi,
I am not sure that you can get wM 8.2 free trail. Currently we have version 9.5.

Hi,
I am trying to install wM9.5 free trail on center OS 6.4 64 bit.
I download the Image file and license file from
http://techcommunity.softwareag.com/ecosystem/communities/public/webmethods/contents/downloads/
When I specify the license file and click the Next button, it prompt “Specify a valid license file”.
Is there anything wrong in the license file?
could you please provide the valid license file?
Thanks.

Attachments are the free trail license file and error information.

Linux_license.xml (1.42 KB)

Hi Holger,

As per requirement doc: http://techcommunity.softwareag.com/ecosystem/documentation/webmethods/wmsuites/wmsuite9-5_sp1/SysReqs_Installation_and_Upgrade/9-5_System_Requirements.pdf

You need to upgrade to Mac OS 10.8 to install.

HTH.

Thanks,
Rankesh

Hi Rankesh,
Center OS is the community edition of Redhat linux, they have the same kernals.
Have you done test in Redhat linux, and what’s the result?

Thanks,
Holger

Hello Hou Holger,

Give the license file by attaching screen shots, then you cannot get the any errors.

Thanks,
Prem Sai A.

Hi Prem Sai,
I have tried it, but have same result as before.

Can you check whether you are permitted to re-download license and image again.

Hi Prem Sai,
I have tried it on windows server 2008, but have same result as before.
Could you please give me you license files.
My email address is roudy307@126.com.

Hi M@he$h,
I can re-dowload it.

Thanks.

Hello Hou Holger,

please check the FAQ entry The license key is not working. Is there something I can do to fix it? here . Let know if this helps

Best regards,
Tech Community Admin

1 Like

Hi Tech Community Admin,
It’s helpful.
Thanks.

when i click on the windows license key , only the xml file is displayed in the browser , i am not getting the license file downloaded . please help me regarding this

:slight_smile:

Alt+f Save as.

Hth.

Thanks,
Rankesh

i downloaded it …bt that file is showing a not valid error when trying to upload

Does the information posted on the webMethods free trial FAQs help? i.e:

The license key is not working. Is there something I can do to fix it? #
Your browser may display the XML file. When you save the license from the browser, open the saved license file to make sure that the first line of line starts with <?xml version="1.0" encoding="US-ASCII"?> .

Depending on the browser, this line can be different. If you see a different line, please change it to

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="US-ASCII"?>

After initiate the installer, it actually requires us to input the empower username and password, which I don’t have. As an evaluator to consider to use the webMethods platform or not, this has hinder me from downloading the actual 9.5 instance. Wouldn’t it be better you just control from the license and make it stop working upon the expiry of the trial period?

Empower username and password are not required when you have the downloaded image file (zip file).

1-When the Installer Welcome form displays, select the “Advanced Options” button.
2-Then select the “Images” tab.
3-enable the check box “Use installation image”
4-In the Install from image" text box, enter the path and file of the image file (zip file).
5-And then just continue with the installation

I hope this helps. Good luck.

@ Ng Mike,

Try installing using your image file (Advanced Options) and then input the license key when asked during the installation process.