I’m facing an issue in installing Mobile Designer in my laptop (Windows7 Enterprise). I have downloaded (rather installed) the Mobile Designer Installer exe from softwareag’s internal sandbox (webM82).
Then followed the below steps:
- Open a Windows Explorer window in <SAG_INSTALL_DIR>\MobileDesigner and run MobileDesignerInstaller.exe
- Review license and click “I Agree” button.
- Input Destination Folder (or leave with default location) and click “Next” button.
- Input Destination Folder as “<SAG_INSTALL_DIR>\jvm\jvm160_64\bin” (or use another jdk/jre bin directory) and click “Next” button.
- Enter proxy information, as necessary, and click “Install” button.
- Enter location of <MOBILE_DESIGNER_KEY_FILE> (full path, including file name) and click “Select” button.
After step #6, I see that the installer is trying to connect to url https://www.bedrockdev.com/mdes and it fails.
I verified the following.
- I can connect to internet. Google, hotmail and yahoo.com is working
- No proxy is set or no proxy is required to connect to internet.
- I can ping www.bedrockdev.com
- When I directly access https://www.bedrockdev.com/mdes, I get “403 FORBIDDEN”. The exact message is given below:
----------Error start --------------
You don’t have permission to access /mdes/ on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache Server at www.bedrockdev.com Port 443
----------Error end --------------
Could someone help with the permission problem that I’m facing? I checked with 9.0 and 8.22 mobile designer installer with appropriate license file but in both the cases the installer fail to connect to https://www.bedrockdev.com/mdes
Thanks in advance,