webMethods ESB and Integration- Associating Access Control List with a Integration Server Service

Introduction

In this article, you will learn how to associate the Access Control Level with Service in Integration Server. Using Access Control List (ACL) for the service or any other resource Integration Server determines whether the client is to be granted access to the service. If the ACL indicates that the client is allowed to access the service, the server continues with the execution of the service.

Pre-Requisites

Bring up your Integration Server.

Go through this link for Associating a user with an ACL webMethods ESB and Integration- Associating Access Control List with a User

Associating ACL with an Integration Server Service

In Designer go to Windows->Preferences-> Software AG -> Integration Server. Specify the Integration Server details can connect to Integration Server.

After Connecting to Integration Server, Drill down to a Package where a flow service exists or create a new flow service. Right Click the flow service and select Permissions (i.e. AccountsFilePolling:ReadFile in my case).

Now Select the desired ACL i.e. Accounts ACL in our case.

As a result, User associated with this ACL will only be able to execute the service.