webMethods Developer - Performance Issues

Hi All,

We use Developer to Connect to an IS remotely, doing collaborative team development. We are noticing that with large documents (ACORD) the performance of developer is abysmal. It can take greater than 5 minutes to for developer to respond when we rty to open a document or a service that is using one of these large documents.

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to tweak things a bit to get some better performance.

I did see a couple of articles that have tweaks and service packs for IS. We are currently pursuing those. So I am wondering if there is anything that can be done on the client side with Developer itself.

Thanks
Danny

Dany,

Basically you can try increasing Developer memory heap size,edit this file Developer/bin/developer.bat and edit this setting -ms256M -mx512M depends on your local system memory.Save the file and restart developer.

you should see some improvement in Developer tool response time.

HTH,
RMG

thanks! I had just found another article telling me to do the same thing. I increased the heap size to 1GB, since I have the resources and it does help with just about everything except for those large documents that reference other documents.

Thanks
Danny

Glad to know you found it.

When dealing with ACCORD,Rosettanet PIP’s,OAG BOD’s … these XML documents are generally large having with recurssive structures,references,loops and this makes developer response time very slow.ofcourse changing above setting will help to some extent,we have to be with it and move forward.

HTH,
RMG

I’m having the same problem trying to use Developer remotely. I can navigate the directory tree with no problems but as soon as I click on a flow Developer locks up tight.

Hlamlin,

Please do the same as told above,a setting change in the Developer/bin/developer.bat and restart your Developer IDE.

HTH,
RMG

increasing the heap size will certainly help. great reply thanks.

your welcome,Glad to know it worked.

RMG.