webMethods Deployer....WmDeployerResourcePackage

Hi,

We are running webMethods Deployer on 6.1 FP1 FP2 IS and Deployer 6.1 FP1 FP2, Fix Deployer 6_1_Fix4.

The Fix4 gives a zip file which is actually webMethodsDeployerResourcePackage.

The issue is as follows.

We installed fix 4 because Deployer doesn’t list all the process models.
This FIX resolved this problem.

Interestingly, while creating deployment set for ISandTN, The Deployer failed to ping IS and return the following exception.

2005-05-17 14:48:33 EDT [ISC.0088.0001E] SOAPException: [ISS.0088.9134] Exception occurred while processing the body of the message
2005-05-17 14:48:33 EDT [ETD.0000.0000E] [ISS.0088.9134] Exception occurred while processing the body of the message
2005-05-17 14:48:33 EDT [ISC.0088.0001E] SOAPException: [ISS.0088.9134] Exception

In Deployer page, com.wm.deployer…ping

Then, we reinstalled Deployer Resource package from Deployer Install package.
Now, it is working perfect for IS but the problem (Models not listed) persists.

webMethods Deployer Folks, Do you have any resolution for this?

Do we have to install all the fixes specific to each issue even running on Fp1 and FP2.

Please advice.

Thanks
Anil K Atyam

Hi Anil,

can you provide some information about your OS, the actually installed Fixes for your IS and the Modeler you are using?

There are some issues with Modeler Design Package running on HP-UX.
Additionally you will need a Fix for the Modeler to get this feature of Deployer working. See readme for Deployer 6.1 FP1 Fix4 or Deployer 6.1 FP2, which contains Fix4, for further information about this.

When using Deployer 6.1 FP2 you must use the WmDeployerRessource.zip, which comes with the FP2.

Regards,
Holger

Holger,

Deployer_FP2_Fix3 resolved the above mentioned issue. We are running deployer on IS 6.1 FP1. FP2 on OS windows Server 2003.

If you want to simulate for your reference try this.
Install Deployer Fp1, Fp2 with Fix Deployer 6.1 FP1 Fix 4 and Modeler 6.1.5 Fix_6 on IS 6.1 on Windows Server 2003.

Models listed but failed to list IS componets. Or Vice Versa.

Thanks
Anil K Atyam

Holger,

Deployer_FP2_Fix3 resolved the above mentioned issue. We are running deployer on IS 6.1 FP1. FP2 on OS windows Server 2003.

If you want to simulate for your reference try this.
Install Deployer Fp1, Fp2 with Fix Deployer 6.1 FP1 Fix 4 and Modeler 6.1.5 Fix_6 on IS 6.1 on Windows Server 2003.

Models listed but failed to list IS componets. Or Vice Versa.

Thanks
Anil K Atyam

Anil-

It sounds like you installed Deployer_FP2_Fix3 and now everything works, is that correct? If not, I’m still unclear on your environment. What version of Modeler and Monitor are you using?

Also, above you describe installing Deployer_FP1_Fix4 on top of Deployer FP2. You should never do install an OLD fix on top of a newer version of Deployer. Deployer FP2 contains ALL of the previous fixes that were released for FP1.

If you are still experiencing problems, please work with webMethods Technical Support. They should be able to diagnose your problem and eliminate any common configuration issues. They should also be able to reproduce your problem (if it is a bug) and escalate it to Development so that we can fix the bug ASAP. I think working through the Technical Support channel will be a more efficient way to resolve you problem than through this forum.

best regards,
-Jeremy Yun

Jeremy/Hogler,

We uninstalled Deployer FP1 and FP2 and reinstalled with Deployer FP1, FP2, Deployer_61_FP3.

Now, everything is working as expected except Process Model in not enabled for Monitoring in Monitor. Our Monitor is running on 6.1 and Modeler on 6.1.5 with Modeler_615_Fix_26.

Seems it is known issue according to “SR-1-50576471”. webMethods Closure summary states that it is known issue in FP1 and the fix will be released in feature pack.
I assume that the fix is available in FP2.

Though, the problem persists. Is there anything else that we are missing.

Thanks for your time and attention.

Regards
Anil K Atyam

Jeremy/Holger

Our Models are enabled for monitoring in Source IS.

Holger–my apologies for being misspelled your name in my last post.

Thanks
Anil K Atyam

I created a project and fixed a map missing reference. Then I created a new build
which included these lines:
Extracted profile The Home Depot
Extracted field group EDIINT
Extracted field definition Encryption Algorithm
Extracted field definition S/MIME Type

The new Map shows these as missing again
From the preview report:
Deployment Set: “InvoiceThirdSet” at target: “DEV” contains the following unsatisfied dependencies: “TNFieldDefinition:Encryption Algorithm, TNFieldDefinition:S/MIME Type, TNProfile:The Home Depot”. That Deployment Set was not deployed.

I am running Windows 2000 on A Dell box with Sun JVM 1.3.1 on IS 6.1 with TN fix 15.
What is going on? Do I have to start over with a new project for every error?
I tried reloading WmDeployer, and the deployer resource package. Didn’t help.

Hi Joe,

You do not need to start over with a new project, but it’s worthwhile examining how you resolved your dependencies.

It appears that you resolved a bunch of dependencies by saying that the TN objects in question exist on the target. With TN, this is often not a wise choice because TN will generate new unique IDs for objects when they get created. So, just because something has the same name on two systems, doesn’t mean that they look alike to to the Deployer.

For the two field definitions in question (Encryption Algorithm and S/MIME Type), I’d
recommend deleting your resolved dependency and then re-resolving them as “Ignore”. The third unsatisfied dependency (the profile: The Home Depot), that one confuses me. It looks like you’ve specified that it exists AND you’ve included it in your deployment set. Perhaps you did the dependency resolution. For that one, I would just delete the resolved dependency. I think since it’s already in your project, that should suffice (assuming I’ve understood what you’ve done here).

After making these changes to your project definition, you should rebuild your project and revisit the Map screen. Hopefully things will go more smoothly.