I know this topic has probably been answered before, but I haven’t actually found a step by step guide on how to setup Designer Workstation with Local Service Development and use Git.
I have a repository stored in Atlassian Stash, installed Designer Workstation and have configured EGit.
I’d like to know the steps of working on an existing package in my Git repository in my local IS. After reading the Service Development Help, it states that when you import the project into Eclipse and then right-click and say “Move Package to Local IS” it actually is meant to copy the package to the instances/default/packages folder, but I’m seeing it actually move it, thus showing a delete in the git status on the original repository.
If someone could provide a step-by-step guide as to how to
- Setup local IS with a Git repo
- Configure the remotes on the local repo to do a fetch/push
- Copy an existing package from a remote repository into Local IS
- Commit changes made to the above to the local repository and then push them to the remote Repository
- Create new package in local IS and push it to the remote repository