webm 9.5 Physical Server gets Blue-screened at random

Hi All,

We have come across this strange problem in webMethods 9.5 environment.
Our Integration Servers are installed on a virtual platform. And there are several other servers on the same virtual host.

We have observed that the servers only on which webM 9.5 IS are installed have gotten Blue Screened a few times in the last 3 months.

In Production it has been seen twice.

On checking the IS and OS logs we havent come across any specific details.

In OS logs we have only seen, that there was an unexpected shut down. Has any body come across such a problem in the new webM env ?

Can anybody suggest something?

Thanks,
Priya

Did you mean blue screen in Windows?

Can you share your OS and RAM details?

Hi Mahesh,

Yes , the Windows server itself got blue screened and took a restart and hence the IS services also got restarted.

We have a Windows 2008 R2 server on SP1 with 64- bit OS.
Also its an Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5- 2637 v2 @ 3.50 GHz ( 2 pocessors)
RAM is 12.0 GB

Thanks,
Priya Bhauka

I am afraid :slight_smile: this issue might be due to the hardware (RAM) or software sometimes (webMethods 9.5 or any other softwares).

I can suggest you to check with your administrator team who manages Windows 2008 R2 server for better understanding.

Meanwhile try to contact the SAG global support and share all the details to them. Lets see what they have to say about this issue.

Hi Mahesh,

We are indeed in touch with client Admin team who manage the servers.
The setup is like this that they have 2 virtual hosts. and on them together we have some 5 IS and relevant webM components installed as services. As in there are 5 servers configured on the virtual hosts (with different Ips to act as test/dev/pro servers for the env).

what the admin team reports is that this incident doe snot happen on any other servers apart form the ones where webm is installed.

Think I could take it to SAG.

Thanks,
Priya Bhauka

Then take it to SAG support and provide the information from Admin team with windows server logs might be useful for the support team to investigate.

Please keep us updated. Good luck :slight_smile:

Thanks, shall definitely do that !