Various issues on Business Console 9.12

Hi,

We have come across various issues on the business console since we’ve begun our project:

• Slow Business Console loading times, showing Javascript tags of logo's and other customizable header components as screen loads (Please find screenshot attached)
  • A “DBO Processes” tab appears on Business Console, but we do not know what this is for and it does not display any data (cant find any reference to this acronym in any SAG Documents / Empower
  • Task List Management only available on traditional MWS, and not yet ported to Business Console for a consistent User Experience.

Please assist us in finding solutions.

Thanks and regards,
Keneilwe

Hello,

Please see below my responses:

• Slow Business Console loading times, showing Javascript tags of logo's and other customizable header components as screen loads (Please find screenshot attached)
Amit : This typically happens when the REST APIs are not reachable or slow. However this is not nice to have even if there is slow REST responses, we will be fix this exception situation and provide a meaningful response. There is a defect in place to track this.

• A "DBO Processes" tab appears on Business Console, but we do not know what this is for and it does not display any data (cant find any reference to this acronym in any SAG Documents / Empower
Amit : This was kept as a placeholder for the upcoming DBO or dynamic business orchestrator UI. It should be available with 10.0

• Task List Management only available on traditional MWS, and not yet ported to Business Console for a consistent User Experience.
Amit : The TLM exists on Business Console, what you see rendered in the "What Happening Now" >> Work Stream is TLMs per task type.

Regards
Amit

2 Likes

Thanks Amit

I know that this post was written long ago, but I would like to leave a information for those who learn MWS (like me).

In my opinion this is caused by loading external sources (i.e. fonts). I’ve raised a ticket in SAG support regarding this issue.
Press “F12” button to open Chrome DevTools and see prompts displayed on “Console” tab during loading you business console page.
It should help you to locate bottlenecks.

You can hide (disable) this tab in MWS. Login as Administrator: Administration → System-Wide → Permission Management → Resource Type: webMethodsApplications → <choose User/Group/Role to edit> and then Business Console → Access Privileges → and check “Deny” for elements you don’t want to see in business console.

At this moment there are two gadgets with similar features to Task List Management.

• Work Stream (default gadget on starting page)
  • “Instance List Management” → I combine it with “Task Summary” gadget on one appspace.
    Remember uncheck “Show details” in ILM gadget settings to avoid popup window.