VAN & AS2 using the same IS/TN server cluster using the same wm.tn:receive method

Hi,

Can anyone know that we can host both AS2 (https) and VAN on the same IS/TN cluster environment ?

We would like to create VAN connectivity for Partner A and AS2 for Partner B. If we use the same service wm.tn:receive for the VAN and AS2
how can be achieved ?

Thanks in advance.

NK.

Can anyone know that we can host both AS2 (https) and VAN on the same IS/TN cluster environment
–Yes

We would like to create VAN connectivity for Partner A and AS2 for Partner B. If we use the same service wm.tn:receive for the VAN and AS2

For VAN (FTP) once you get from VAN and you can invoke wm.tn:receive service for ruther processing in TN.
For AS2 (HTTPs) you have to use Wm.EDIINT:receive service and update the EDIINT config to submit to TN.

HTH,
RMG

Thanks for the reply RMG. I am going to try this approach.

Also, another query. As I understand implementation of AS2 can be done in 2 ways, that is,

1. using direct HTTPS connectivity with the partner, that is both my organisation needs to know the HTTPS URL and the trading partner needs to know my organisation HTTPS URL. That means, both parties need to exchange public keys for the data protection. Is my understanding correct here ?
  2. using third parties, such as GXS.

Shall I consider the first approach without any problems. We do not want to use third party for the AS2 implementation.

Thanks & Regards
NK.

1. using direct HTTPS connectivity with the partner, that is both my organisation needs to know the HTTPS URL and the trading partner needs to know my organisation HTTPS URL. That means, both parties need to exchange public keys for the data protection. Is my understanding correct here ?
    –>Correct…you are on the right track…Also review the webMethodsEDIINTUserguide,TN userdocs for more info on how to set this up…

Yes considering first approach is always better… also companys can get rid of these costly VAN/maintenances etc…and be on your own processing/logics…

HTH,
RMG