Using expressions in CAF Notifiactaion recipients

Hello,

I would like to send a CAF Notification to a group which I want to read from business data. So I put the group name into the event and try to set the group id via an expression. That does not work. Is this not supported?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Regards,
Mathias

The Recipients field for the CAF Notification should be a valid email address or series of addresses. Can you double check that this is the case please?

Thanks,
–mark

Hello,

thanks for your reply. I wanted to provide a group id via an expression. I attached a screenshot for clarification.

Thanks,
Mathias

Is there an email address associated with the value of event.assignedToRole?

Hello,

no the value of event.assignedToRole is a group id from a database directory service.

Regards,
Mathias

Ok, I’ve got another question for you. Since you are ‘bridging’ a task event to CAF Notifications, are you sure that you’ve copied the value for the current assignment to the CAF Event?

I’d like to make sure that the event.assignedToRole resolves properly.

Lastly, can you ensure that there is an email address associated with that group?

Thanks,
–mark

Hello,

thanks again. I think we are coming closer to the problem. I think it is a misunderstanding. Are you saying that the group itself should have an email address attached to it? What I was trying to achieve is to send the notification to each member of the group. Each member has an email address.

And yes - I am sure that the expression has a value and that the value is a valid group id. But this group does not have an email address.

Thanks for your effort.

Regards,
Mathias