use of SQL catalog

Hello,

Can the SQL catalog be used as a normal RDBMS? I mean can you create relational tables with it and store them like you can do with mySQL or Access,…?

Or is there another way to represent the relations between tables in Tamino?

Pieter.

Hi,

in short, SQL catalog is a basic UI to the data stored in the SQL engine part of Tamino. For more on that, please see thread “ODBC to access Tamino” in this forum.

The SQL catalog allows for creation and view of structures and data in the SQL engine and has an point-and-click SQL interpreter available.

Functionality of this part is for the SQL engine only and does not relate to the XML processing capabilities of Tamino X-Machine.

Regarding the functionality of the SQL engine please consult the online documentation chapters (SQL reference guide, etc).

Best regards, Andreas

Thanks for your reply!

I took a quick look at a few documents about the SQL facilities of Tamino. Do I need SequeLink to access the SQL engine? Or can I just map the relational database to the X-Machine and then access it through XPath?

Although I received a new license key for the SQL catalog I can’t do a log on :frowning: (I used a lot DBA/dba combinations). If I do understand you, I can use the SQL catalog to create relational tables. Maybe I’ll contact SoftwareAG to get a new key.

regards, Pieter

Hi,

you ran into a common mishap: User / password for SQL catalog is dba /dba (or both uppercase, I can never tell :rolleyes: ). So it might not be the license key…

To access SQL engine from Tamino X-Machine you need to install the SequeLink package and define the SQL tables in question as ODBC System DSNs.

Best regards, Andreas

Hi Andreas,

I installed Tamino on a Win2000 PC with the new license key. There the SQL Catalog works with (DBA/dba). However, on my PC (Win NT) it won’t work.
I checked the license keys and for Win NT the expiration date was set to 30 days, whereas for Win2000 it was unlimited. I contacted Software AG and I am awaiting their response.
Hopefully it will work when I receive a new key.

regards, Pieter