My current understanding is that for us to upgrade from v7.1.2 to v9.6 - the recommended path is: v7.1.2 -> v7.1.3 -> v9.5 (or 8.2.2) -> v9.6
For the sake of discussion, let me confine my question just towards IntegrationServer.
I’m trying to understand the approach one takes to upgrade below listed components in non-prod and production environment of an IntegrationServer. Should we be upgrading from v7.1.2 -> v7.1.3 -> v9.5 (or 8.2.2) -> v9.6 in each environment as in: DEV, TEST and PROD? Or do we have simpler or a smarter way of doing this?
- Packages - Application packages: PATH: Old-PROD -> New-DEV -> New-TEST -> New-PROD
- Products - Adapters (JDBC etc) and Solutions (EDI, EDIINT etc.): PATH: ?
- Configuration - server.cnf etc: PATH: ?
- Metadata: PATH: ?
- In-flight data: PATH: Old-PROD -> New-PROD
- Historical data: PATH: Old-PROD -> New-PROD
Can you also help me associate the right “path” of upgrading the above components? What approach did you take and how did it play out for you?