Upgrade to 8.2

Hi,

We want to Upgrade our environment from 7.1.2 to 8.2. Upgarde is not possibile directly from 7.1.2 to 8.2 So we need to choose either A or B option

A) Upgarde from 7.1.2 to 7.1.3 then go for 8.2
B) Upgarde from 7.1.2 to 8.0 then go for 8.2

So here i have few queries:confused:

1. Which is the best approch A or B?

Our enivironemnt contains below components

IntegrationServer 7.1.2
MywebMethodsServer 7.1.2
CentralConfigurator 7.1.2
Monitor 7.1.2
OptimizeforProcess 7.1.2
Messaging 7.1.2
Task Engine 7.1.2
TradingNetworks 7.1.2

1. If we go for B option whether we need to install any fixes(mandatory) to uprade it to 8.2.
    What i thought of is Just we upgrade it to 8.0 then immediately we Upgrade it to 8.2 ( No business runs on 8.0) Just we want to use 8.0 as brdige for upgarding between 7.1.2 to 8.2. Is it possibile?

Thanks in advance for valuable suggestions.:happy:

Would suggest you to go with Option A. In the components that you have listed, IS, MWS, Task Engine are the ones that have to be upgraded to 7.1.3. In 7.x, the latest versions of TN and Optimize for Process are 7.1.2.

Senthil

Why this option not possible and per the upgrade guide it does says some fixes install for MWS/Broker before hand?

A) Upgarde from 7.1.2 to for 8.2.2?

What if option for having fresh install and then migrate the 712 assets?..Any issues you see it?

I see some gaps in the 8.2 upgrade products user guide:

HTH,
RMG

Hi RMG,
When we think of different paths of migration, there is no in between path required if the source is 6.5 version or anything after 6.5. But it is mentioned in the guide, for 7.x to 8.2.2 migration, it should be from 7.1.3 to 8.2.2. There might not be much difference with respect to 7.1.2 and 7.1.3, but just in case if there are any issues during migration?

-Senthil

Agreed…and there shouldn’t be much difference going with 712 -->8.2.2 upgrade…It’s just documentation cautions it:

Any one recently done migratiton straight 712 -->8.2.2 path with no step to 713? please share your inputs:

TIA,
RMG

I myself did it for Trading Networks… Migrated TN from 6.1 to 7.1.2 and then to 8.2… It went fine other than some data issues in TN db… As process models cannot be migrated from 6.1, we had to re-import them and execute build/upload option directly in 8.2…

-Senthil

Thanks Senthil & RMG,

Senthil you migrated only TN from 7.1.2 to 8.2.2, But as per our requirment first we need to migrate from 7.1.2 to 7.1.3(IS, MWS & Task engine) components then only we go ahead for migrate to 8.2.2 is it correct? or any other option?

Is any one recently done migratitonstraight 712 -->8.2.2 path with no step to 713? please share your inputs:

thanks

But as per our requirment first we need to migrate from 7.1.2 to 7.1.3(IS, MWS & Task engine) components then only we go ahead for migrate to 8.2.2 is it correct? or any other option?

I don’t think there would be major any issues bypassing 713 upgrade step:But yes confirming with SAG also on this will help:

HTH,
RMG

Yes… incase we try to run migration scripts from 82 env with source 712, it shows unsupported version and quits.