Updated Document Type's Referenced Flat File Schema

Hi all,

I created a Document Type from Flat File Schema and used that Document Type in somewhere with a lot of mappings. Today I need to change that Flat File Schema.

Is there any way to update that Document Type without losing all mappings? Actually I expected that when I update the reference of Document Type it should get updated automatically but seems like not.

Any recommendation appreciated.

Thanks,
Mustafa

Hi Mustafa,

was the document variable in the pipeline defined as document type based (fixed) variable or as a document type reference variable?

In the second case the document should reflect the changes to the schema automatically.

Regards,
Holger

Hi Holger,

Thanks for reply. It is defined as Document Reference in the pipeline but my problem is little different. I got your point, if we add a document in the pipeline as Document Reference and if we change that document’s schema then we can see these changes in the pipeline.

My problem is I created a Document Type from Flat File Schema and now I changed that Flat File Schema but Document Type’s schema doesn’t reflected.

I tried to recreate that Document from Flat File Schema designer but Designer throwed error “This Document Type already exist. You should delete this document before create it.” And if I delete that Document Type or change its name then my mappings are gone.

Thanks,
Mustafa

Hi Mustafa,

when renaming the DocType you are right.
But when you just delete and recreate it, the existing mappings are still there.
You will only have to adjust those which are new or point to changed elements.

Additionally you might want to check the FlatFile Developers Guide, Appendix B.
“Modifying Flat File Dictionary Entries, Dictionaries, and Schemas”

Regards,
Holger

1 Like

Hi Holger,

Thanks again for reply. Monday I’ll try and let you know the results.

Thanks,
Mustafa

Hi Holger,

I tried your suggestion and it works :slight_smile:

I created dummy project, created file file schema and dictionary, generated document type from file schema, mapped that document type in flow service, updated flat file schema, deleted document type and regenerate it. idk how but all my mappings still there.

You save my day. Thanks for help.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.