Cannot update a schema

Hello all,

I’ve just posted this to the wrong place (i think), at Tamino X_Plorer. Sorry:

I’m using Tamino 4.1.4.1 on WinXP; and I cannot update a schema (with X-Plorer) just added an element to a sequence. Tamino is saying “INOXDE7956, Invalid modification of components of sequence detected during schema update at line 35”.

I’ve attached both schemas, simple_simple8.tsd and simple_simple8_v2.tsd to this message. The only change between them is at line 37, added a new element (minOccurs=“0”) to a sequence.

The doctype content is “closed”, so i do not know what’s happening…
TSDs.zip (1.39 KB)

Hi Eladio,
Have done a minimum of investigation and have reproed in version 414.
This is NOT reproduceable in version 421 - the successfull redefinition takes less than a sec.
Is upgrading to 421 an option for you ?
Finn

Mmm… I’m talking about a production system with about 1.500 users at 12 places…24 servers with replication…

Any other idea (please,please,please)?

Hi,

have you tried a “define with instance check” yet? (in the schema editor, in the database menu,
you will find this item)

Regards

Harald

Hi, Harald

First, thanks Finn for your test.
Where is this option? I think you must be using a newer version of Schema Editor (I’m using version 4.1.4.2)

Thanks, Eladio

Hi Eladio,
The “instance validation” option is also present in the interactive interface TAB for define.
- And I just tested with your schema - it works !

But take care ! doing this update will check ALL instances, so it might take a LOT of time with your big amounts of documents.

I’m not quite sure about this, but I think you should consider setting up maxtransactiontime as well as the size of the journalfile.

In other words do a test with a backup before trying on the prod DB :wink:

Finn

Hi Eladio,

the size of the journal file does not matter
- just increasing the “maximum transaction duration” will help if your doctype contains many documents.

Best regards
Uli

Finn, Harald, Uli,

If some of you goes sometimes to Granada (Spain), I will invite to him to eat in Alhambra. I speak in serious. Thank you very much, Eladio