Unable to start Host Manager

When attempting to start the host manager for the first time I receive the following error:

Exception details : com.softwareag.xbridge.exceptions.XConfigurationException:
error getting hostconfig mapping:Nested error: java.net.UnknownHostException: http
Error unmarshalling host configuration file : d:\Program Files\Software AG\EntireX XML Mediator 7.3\host/data/hostconfig.xml
Migrating old host configuration file to new format.
com.softwareag.xbridge.exceptions.XConfigurationException: No MANAGER tag or too
many of them.
at com.softwareag.xbridge.configuration.HostConfig.createHostManagerConfig(DashOB6501:371)
at com.softwareag.xbridge.configuration.HostConfig.(DashOB6501:132)
at com.softwareag.xbridge.hostconfig.Migrator.migrateHostConfig(DashOB6501:45)
at com.softwareag.xbridge.hostconfig.HostConfig.migrate(DashOB6501:420)
at com.softwareag.xbridge.hostmanager.HostManagerMain.initHostConfig(DashOB6501:167)
at com.softwareag.xbridge.hostmanager.HostManagerMain.main(DashOB6501:412)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
at com.softwareag.xbridge.launcher.MainLauncher.main(DashOB6501:192)

******** HostManagerMain:initHostConfig - Failed to initialize config:com.softw
areag.xbridge.exceptions.XConfigurationException: No MANAGER tag or too many of
them.
Thus, Exiting… ********

ERROR: Failed to Start the Mediator Host Manager…

I performed a custom install of the EntireX Mediator 7.3.1 with everything on Win 2k3 Server. I am running with the provided JBOSS-Tomcat servers.

As far as I can tell in the directions, there is no post configuration after install.

I took a look at the hostconfig.xml and there is not a property with the name of MANAGER.

Thanks in advance

Hi,

In the past, this problem has been related to a special character (such as an underscore ‘_’) in the host machine name. A circumvention is to either rename your machine (not always easy) or to add an alias for it in the /etc/hosts file and update the “setMediatorEnvironment.bat” file to use the alias.

A fix is included in the 7.3.1.1 path that should be available in the next week or so.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Mike