Unable to install older/particular fix (Integration server core fix 3)

What product/components do you use and which version/fix level are you on?

I’m installing IS 10.11.

Is your question related to the free trial, or to a production (customer) instance?

Production

What are you trying to achieve? Please describe it in detail.

I’m trying to install the server 10.11 instance locally, but there is a problem. My team has installer the 10.11 instance some 6 months ago, and when I’m installing the new instance during the install process, on the update step, I can only pick
“Integration server core fix 6”,

but my team has “Integration server core fix 3” installed,
fix_on_server

and I want to have identical installation as they have. So how can I install the older/particular fix ?

Do you get any error messages? Please provide a full error message screenshot and log file.

Have you installed all the latest fixes for the products and systems you are using?

Hi Marko,

if you need several installations with the same fix level it is needed to create an image first and then to use this image for the installations.
When directly installing from Empower/SDC, you will only get the latest available Fixes displayed.
There is a command line option available, to get older fixes displayed.
Check the “Using the Installer Guide” for wM 10.11 for details.

Alternatively you can ask your team mates to update their installations to Fix 6 instead.

Regards,
Holger

1 Like

Thanks for the info, I have tried starting the updateManager with “-showAllFixes true, but it only shows this like said in documentation (works for fixes that are released after fix that is already installed on the current environment. For example, if there is fix 3 installed and there are fix 4 and fix 5 available, Update Manager will show fix 3 installed fix 4 available and fix 5 available. Fixes with version lower than the one installed on the environment are not shown.)
So I can’t install older fixes, only newer ones.

Hi Marko,

in this case don´t use an existing installation directory as a reference, but just refer the UpdateManager to “All licensed products” instead.

Regards,
Holger

Hi Holger,

please can you explain to me how exactly can I do that, considering that in the update manager the current install dir is mandatory field. Do I have to start the command prompt update manager instead with some additional params ?

Thanks in advance

Hi Marko,

use UpdateManager to create a FixImage first and then use this image to apply the fixes to the installation directory.
While creating the FixImage UpdateManager is only asking for the location where the image should be stored.

Regards,
Holger

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.