Problem in IS fix installation : noSuchMethodeError : com.fasterxml.jackson.core.JsonFactory.builder

Product/components used and version/fix level:

Integration Server 10.5

Detailed explanation of the problem:

I am installing 10.5 fixes in my Integration Server (TEST environment) in order to upgrade it to 10.15.
I had already done it in my DEV environment and it went well, but in TEST environment I have an error related to a java method not found : java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.fasterxml.jackson.core.JsonFactory.builder

My DEV and TEST environment have some differences unfortunately :

• the TEST environment contains SoftwareAG Runtime and the DEV not
  • the DEV environment contains an Integration Server and MyWebmethods Server

The error occured after the installation of these fixes :

• Common Library
    • Shared librairies Parsers Fix 1
  • Designer
    • Services
      • Local Version control integration
        • Local version control integration plug-in to designer fix 15
      • Service development
        • Service development plug-in to designer fix 15
    • Shared Plug-ins
      • Landscape asset repository fix 7
      • Branding and naming
        • Branding and naming plug-in to designer fix 7
  • Integration server
    • Flat file 10.5 Fix 10
    • Integration server SPM 10.5 fix 10
    • Optimize integration server 10.5.0 Fix 4
    • Opimize TNServer 10.5.0 Fix 4
  • Integration server or microservices
    • Integration server Core Fix 26
    • Integration server database fix 5
    • Integration Server G11N 10.5 Fix 1
    • Integration Server WmCloud 10.5 Fix 8
  • Third party librairies
    • Shared librairies BaseSecurity fix 3
    • Shared librairies Parsers Fix 13
  • webMethods Metering
    • Metering Agent 10.5 Fix 13

I will try to install less fixes to identify the fix which trigger the error.

Best regards,
Arnaud SIMON

Error messages / full error message screenshot / log file:

2024-05-30 15:23:00 CEST [ISS.0014.0054C] (tid=76) Error occurred while initializing server: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.fasterxml.jackson.core.JsonFactory.builder()Lcom/fasterxml/jackson/core/TSFBuilder; at com.wm.util.coder.IDataJSONCoder.(IDataJSONCoder.java:72) at com.wm.util.coder.JSONCoder.(JSONCoder.java:24) at com.softwareag.msc.Features.getCoder(Features.java:277) at com.softwareag.msc.Features.readConfigFile(Features.java:222) at com.softwareag.msc.Features.init(Features.java:157) at com.softwareag.msc.Features.isAvailable(Features.java:87) at com.wm.app.jdbc.JDBCConnPoolAdmin.loadDriverConfig(JDBCConnPoolAdmin.java:102) at com.wm.app.jdbc.JDBCConnPoolAdmin.(JDBCConnPoolAdmin.java:58) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.JDBCConnectionManager.init(JDBCConnectionManager.java:256) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.Server.run(Server.java:573)

From what I see, this error was fixed but I cannot find details of the exact fix - do apply the latest for all components that you have installed, and check again.

KM

1 Like

Are you using fix images to install the fixes in each environment or are you directly installing them from Empower. If you are directly installing from Empower then the fixes will be different based on the installed products. The best practice is to create fix images and then use the installer to install these fix images in all environments. In this way there is some kind of certainty that the fixes will be same in all environments and less scope of “Works in one env but not in another” issues.

2 Likes

Hello Akshtith, I install fixes with Empower.
Fix images seems like a good approach, I should try it !

Hello Kasi, I found that parsers fix (TPP_10.5_Parsers_Fix1 and TPP_10.5_Parsers_Fix13) updated jackson jars, it could be the root of the problem.
I will try to avoid them and see what happens.

EDIT : The error occurs only after the installation of Integration Server core (IS was operational with all other fixes)

Fixes are cumulative, meaning if you install 14 it will install 1 to 13 as well. If that fix is breaking your environment, try installing those fixes on a different machine (on your local for instance). It is highly unlikely that fix is causing the issue. Also check the pre and post installation steps. If you don’t observe the same problem on different server, your installation directory could be corrupted somehow. If you observe the same problem on different server, then it is highly likely that you are skipping a post or pre installation step. Check the fix requirements carefully.

Btw I recently had a similar issue on 10.15 installation. On my case it was the installation image that was corrupted but it wasn’t failing validation. But the issue was related to the fixes that the image had. I recommend creating a fix image, and validating the image on a temp location first and if it resolves the issue, uninstall all the fixes and applying the fix image again, if you can’t do a fresh installation.

Hello everyone, I managed to fix the error and I will share you some details in case it might help someone in the future.

I opened a ticket to softwareAG support and they asked me to install a new 10.5 Integration Server, install the same products as my old one, install the problematic fix (Integration Core) and those of my original installation and finally migrate the configuration.

Thanks again for your help :slight_smile:

2 Likes