Unable to debug process model

Hi All,

Hope you all are doing well.

I created a process model in BPM. As part of this the first step is receive step which keeps wait for a document and then couple of activity steps. I was able to build and upload successfully, didn’t see any challenges in this process. When I tried to run in debug mode I am getting “The selection cannot be launched, and there are no recent launches” alert window. Kindly help me how to overcome this.

I am using wM9.6 version in Windows7 ultimate. Kindly let me know if needed any other details.

Thanks,
RP.

Hi RP,

It sounds like you may not have created a run configuration yet. Please see section “Creating a Process Debug Configuration” in BPM_Process_Development_Help.pdf to learn how to do so.

HTH.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for you reply.

I tried to do as you specified, was able to configure project &process. When i clicked on process Inputs tab it is showing “process inputs not available”. Besides that it is also showing “No input doc is available.Make sure IS is connected” message. I checked IS is in connected mode. Do we need to define any environment in MWS for a BPM process to run ??

Thanks,
RP

Hi RP,

Debugging a process does not require that you define an environment in MWS. And without seeing your process my next comment is a guess. I suspect that your Receive step, i.e. the step that starts your process, may not have an IS document associated with it. Please check the properties of the Receive step to ensure it has an associated IS document type.

And not for nothing, but have you tried running the process outside of debugger to confirm that the process is designed to work?

HTH.

Hi Mike,

I have mapped one publishable document as receivable documnet to Receive step, hope I am following right approach. Kindly let me know what could be other possibilities.

Thanks,
RP

Hi RP,

Again, without seeing your process it is very hard to determine what is wrong.

Please do the following:

1. Run the process outside of the Debugger. If the process runs, then we can proceed further with attempts to determine what is needed to get the process to run inside the Debugger. If the process does not run, then this is not a Debugger issue, but rather has to do with the design of your process.

And

1. After doing the above and determining that the issue is with the Debugger, then please attach a) a simplified version of your .process file (specifically, we only need to include the Receive step and the step immediately after it), b) any IS packages that support your process (in particular the IS package that contains the Receive document), and c) any other assets that are needed to run the process.