Unable to authenticate over NTLM to consume WebService

Hello Folks,

I am trying to consume a soap ws hosted on IIS with NTLM authentication from my localhost Integration Server (IS)
From the same machine which my IS (windows) I can set soap UI and call it with no errors. However, I m still not sure how to do the same with Integration Server, using designer and its generated consumer based on WSDL.
I am not running IS as service on my windows so, not sure if WmWin32 and ntlm:rg are useful for development purpose.

What I am getting so far is :

HTTP 401 (not authorized) with the stacktrace below:

com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceException: org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Could not initialize class com.wm.net.NTLMAuthListener
at pub.clientimpl.wssClient(clientimpl.java:2670)
at pub.clientimpl.soapClient(clientimpl.java:1293)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.JavaService.baseInvoke(JavaService.java:404)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.InvokeManager.process(InvokeManager.java:646)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.util.tspace.ReservationProcessor.process(ReservationProcessor.java:39)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.StatisticsProcessor.process(StatisticsProcessor.java:49)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.ServiceCompletionImpl.process(ServiceCompletionImpl.java:243)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.ValidateProcessor.process(ValidateProcessor.java:49)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.PipelineProcessor.process(PipelineProcessor.java:171)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.ACLManager.process(ACLManager.java:299)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.DispatchProcessor.process(DispatchProcessor.java:34)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.AuditLogManager.process(AuditLogManager.java:377)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.InvokeManager.invoke(InvokeManager.java:545)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.InvokeManager.invoke(InvokeManager.java:382)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceManager.invoke(ServiceManager.java:234)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.BaseService.invoke(BaseService.java:215)
at com.wm.lang.flow.FlowInvoke.invoke(FlowInvoke.java:257)
at com.wm.lang.flow.FlowState.invokeNode(FlowState.java:520)
at com.wm.lang.flow.FlowState.step(FlowState.java:389)
at com.wm.lang.flow.FlowState.invoke(FlowState.java:360)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.FlowSvcImpl.baseInvoke(FlowSvcImpl.java:1123)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.InvokeManager.process(InvokeManager.java:646)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.util.tspace.ReservationProcessor.process(ReservationProcessor.java:39)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.StatisticsProcessor.process(StatisticsProcessor.java:49)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.ServiceCompletionImpl.process(ServiceCompletionImpl.java:243)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.ValidateProcessor.process(ValidateProcessor.java:49)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.PipelineProcessor.process(PipelineProcessor.java:171)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.ACLManager.process(ACLManager.java:299)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.DispatchProcessor.process(DispatchProcessor.java:34)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.AuditLogManager.process(AuditLogManager.java:377)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.InvokeManager.invoke(InvokeManager.java:545)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.InvokeManager.invoke(InvokeManager.java:382)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceManager.invoke(ServiceManager.java:234)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.comm.DefaultServerRequestHandler.handleMessage(DefaultServerRequestHandler.java:119)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.HTTPMessageHandler.process(HTTPMessageHandler.java:156)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.HTTPDispatch.handleRequest(HTTPDispatch.java:173)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.Dispatch.run(Dispatch.java:397)
at com.wm.util.pool.PooledThread.run(PooledThread.java:127)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Could not initialize class com.wm.net.NTLMAuthListener
at org.apache.axis2.AxisFault.makeFault(AxisFault.java:430)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.wss.HTTPTransportSender.makeFault(HTTPTransportSender.java:1148)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.wss.HTTPTransportSender.writeMessageWithWebM(HTTPTransportSender.java:609)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.wss.HTTPTransportSender.invoke(HTTPTransportSender.java:202)
at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.send(AxisEngine.java:443)
at org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.send(OutInAxisOperation.java:484)
at org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.executeImpl(OutInAxisOperation.java:263)
at org.apache.axis2.client.OperationClient.execute(OperationClient.java:165)
at com.softwareag.wsstack.client.impl.WSOperationClientImpl.execute(WSOperationClientImpl.java:65)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.wss.wssClientImpl.invokeWebService(wssClientImpl.java:215)
at pub.clientimpl.wssClient(clientimpl.java:2623)
ā€¦ 42 more
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.wm.net.NTLMAuthListener
at com.wm.net.NTLMAuthHandlerFactory.create(NTLMAuthHandlerFactory.java:23)
at com.wm.net.HttpAuthManager.getAuthHandler(HttpAuthManager.java:105)
at com.wm.net.NetURLConnection._getInputStream(NetURLConnection.java:565)
at com.wm.net.NetURLConnection.getInputStream(NetURLConnection.java:320)
at com.wm.net.HttpContext.getFinalInputStream(HttpContext.java:864)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.wss.HTTPTransportSender.sendRequest(HTTPTransportSender.java:670)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.wss.HTTPTransportSender.writeMessageWithWebM(HTTPTransportSender.java:591)

Of course as a Java Developer, I understand what ā€œjava.lang.NoClassDefFoundErrorā€ means, but have no Idea how to fix it. I wonder if you guys can support me.

Regards

Your wM version? Create a flow service wrapper and inovke the consumer WSD connector in it.

AFAIK you must activate the Integrated Windows Authentication via WmWin32 package. Refer IS Administration Guide ā€œUsing NTLM Authentication and Integrated Windows Authentication with Integration Serverā€

In addition to this, go to \integrationserver\instances\default\packages\wmwin32\code\libs\

Ntlm.dll

Ntlm64.dll

Wmeventlog.dll

Wmeventlog64.dll

Copying the Ntlm dlls to the Microsoft Windows system directory, e.g.

C:\Windows\System32\

Restart IS
Call ntml:reg service in the WmWin32 package

And if you still have the same error try the below setting:
Change wrapper.conf to include path to DLLs
wrapper.java.library.path.4=<INSTALL_DIR>\IntegrationServer\instances\default\packages\WmWin32\code\libs

1 Like

Hello M@he$h

Well done, it works ! Thank you so much.

I am evaluating the trial 9.12 IS version, just in case!

Thank you!

Marlus

Hi Mahesh,

I have an interface calling from v9.5 IS to target using SOAP HTTP url and the providers asked us to use NTLM credentials while calling their system.

1. I tried from soap ui by calling their wsdl directly with the provided credentials (domain name, username & password). It is working
  2. I tried from my code and pass the credentials at
    webservice connector ā†’ auth ā†’ user(domainname\username)
    webservice connector ā†’ auth ā†’ transport ā†’ pass(password)
    Here Iā€™m getting " Authorization error"
  3. I gone through the empower forums and somewhere mentioned as IS_9.5_SP1_Win32_Fix1 needs to be installed to resolve Authorization error and I have installed this fix but issue remains same
  4. I tried as per your suggestion mentioned above
  • wrapper.java.library.path.5=<INSTALL_DIR>\IntegrationServer\instances\default\packages\WmWin32\code\libs
  • Enabled WmWin32 package and called ntml:reg service in the WmWin32 package
    but still Iā€™m getting same authorization error.

Any further suggestions will be a great helpā€¦

Thanks,
Venkat .

If the above resolution steps does not fix your issue I would suggest you to contact SAG with details. Kindly update if you hear a fix from them.

Hi,
Now Authorization error resolved by adding the Authorization type as NTLM at connector ā€œtransportHeadersā€ level but getting the below error.

com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceException: org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: com.ctc.wstx.exc.WstxUnexpectedCharException: Unexpected character ā€˜"ā€™ (code 34) in DOCTYPE declaration; expected a space between public and system identifiers
at [row,col {unknown-source}]: [1,50]

Please let me know if you have any clue on this