TN Profile creation

Hi,
When creating partner profile in TN, it asks for DUNS id.
This DUNS ID becomes as a user id in B2B Server.
How to avoid it?
Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

> When creating partner profile in TN, it asks for DUNS id.
> This DUNS ID becomes as a user id in B2B Server.
> How to avoid it?

Jay - don’t know if this was answered someplace else.

TN has the option of using other non-DUNS IDs. I think this is specified in a package/WmTN/config/properties.cnf file. The documentation should have more info. Howeve, DUNS is a globally unique ID (and assigned for free as well, I understand.)

You can change what ID type is required for profiles. This can be specified in TN Console. I can’t remember the menu choice (Edit | Properties? Preferences?). You can change the required ID type to Mutually Defined or User Defined 1 or whatever. The user account will then be generated using that ID.

Hi,
You dont have to avoid the DUNS id. You can just give a value which is not already in your system. eg.455jojgjrij
As long as you dont use it, there shouldnt be any problem. Than you can use whichever id suits you to identify the sender or receiver in a document.
Good Luck!

An Integration server user is autumatically created with the same name as the required unique ID (whether DUNS or any other default) for the profile.
This user account should be used by your partner to access/deliver document to your system and is used by tn.receive to authenticate any request.
All this is taken care of by TN automatically and i guess… there is no way to avoid the user creation. …unless there is some secret WM setting.

> An Integration server user is autumatically created with
> the same name as the required unique ID (whether DUNS > or any other default) for the …

Oh, so this is what Jay wanted to avoid!!? OK.

> All this is taken care of by TN automatically and i guess…
>? there is no way to avoid the user creation. …unless there > is some secret WM setting.

I guess you can delete the account from the IS web manager. Earlier versions of B2B & TN (eg: 4.0.1) would not create this IS account - you had to create it manually.