Text files for App developement

What product/components do you use and which version/fix level are you on?

Backend: 1014.0.213
UI: 1011.0.12

Is your question related to the free trial, or to a production (customer) instance?

Customer

What are you trying to achieve? Please describe it in detail.

implementation detail for our App

Do you get any error messages? Please provide a full error message screenshot and log file.

Have you installed all the latest fixes for the products and systems you are using?

I guess

We develope our own Application to visualize machine data.
For different languages we use files like

en.json → english language
de.json → german language

In this case, all texts are in the same file.
All texts mean: standard texts from portal, UI of Cumulocity PLUS our texts of our App

QUESTION: Is it possible to separate it ?
en.json → only Cumulocity
en-app.json → only our texts for Application

If yes, please inform also, how to?

Thanks a lot in advance.
BR Manfred

Hi Manfred,

I’m not sure if the approach works with 1011 and didn’t verify it as it is out of support.
On recent Cumulocity versions, you would extract the strings for translations using c8ycli locale-extract ./<path> with path being e.g. a subfolder src within your project, containing all of your code.
If you do not specify the path the will generate you multiple files, which also includes strings for translations from your node_modules, so also all default Cumulocity texts.

When path was specified, you should have received as an result a locales subfolder, containing a single file called: locales.pot. This file would be usually passed to a translation team, which would use tools like https://poedit.net/ to translate these texts into the languages you would like to support.

As a result of the translation process you would usually get a bunch of .po files, e.g. it.po for the Italian language.
You can then do an import of these files in e.g. the index.ts or more recent versions should also have a i18n.ts file for this specific purpose.

More samples and details can be found in the tutorial application.

There is no need for you to deal with .json files here.

Regards,
Tristan

Hi Tristian,
we will check this out.
Thank you!

Regards
Manfred

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.