Terracotta errors in server.log

Product/components used and version/fix level:

webMethods 10.11,terracotta-
Terracotta Enterprise 4.3.10.0.68

Detailed explanation of the problem:

I’m getting below error,not sure what is the root cause of this issue,terracotta license files are also placed correctly.

Error messages / full error message screenshot / log file:

Could not save session 259a329ea9984ef9877961e683b07d5 to the session cache. net.sf.ehcache.constructs.nonstop.NonStopCacheException: put timed out at org.terracotta.modules.ehcache.store.nonstop.ExceptionOnTimeoutStore.put(ExceptionOnTimeoutStore.java:114) at org.terracotta.modules.ehcache.store.nonstop.NonStopStoreWrapper.put(NonStopStoreWrapper.java:828) at net.sf.ehcache.Cache.putInternal(Cache.java:1620) at net.sf.ehcache.Cache.put(Cache.java:1546) at net.sf.ehcache.Cache.put(Cache.java:1511) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.SessionManager.cacheSession(SessionManager.java:190) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.SessionManager.saveSession(SessionManager.java:590) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.StateManager.saveContext(StateManager.java:124) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.Dispatch.run(Dispatch.java:951) at com.wm.util.pool.PooledThread.run(PooledThread.java:127) at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:829).

Question related to a free trial, or to a production (customer) instance?

Hi,
Are you seeing any long GC related error in “terracotta-server.log” file? Also this NonStopCache exception is usually thrown when there is less timeout setting configured in cache configuration file. You can update the fine tune the below timeout setting in cache configuration file.

<nonstop immediateTimeout="true"
timeoutMillis="45000"/>

Thanks,
Yogesh

Can you let me know what does GC mean,also where is the cache configuration file location,I am new to terracotta,so I am not sure what they are referring to.

Hi Barney/Elsa,

GC stands for GarbageCollection, internally used by the JVM to clean up unused objects and freeing heap space for new objects.
You will have to introspect your installation directory where Terracotta is installed to find this cache configuration file.

I myself have never worked with Terracotta.

Regards,
Holger

This is error in terracotta-server.log file,2024-08-10 03:11:36,880 [WorkerThread(l2_state_change_stage, 0)] INFO com.tc.objectserver.API.GarbageCollectionManager - Doing an inline DGC cleanup.
2024-08-09 03:28:20,682 [WrapperStartStopAppMain] INFO com.tc.runtime.TCMemoryManagerImpl - GarbageCollector: G1 Old Generation these are related to GC

can you let me know exact file name of the above configuration you mentioned,i tried looking into Terracotta directory

Here is the path for Cache configuration file in Integrations server.

<INSTALL_DIR>/IntegrationServer/instances/default/config/Caching/

Thanks,
Yogesh

1 Like