webMethods Integration Server 8.2 and Terracotta BigMemory Max

I want to introduce a caching layer in webMethods. Due to On-Heap caching restrictions for large datasets caused by GC I want to enhance the cache with BigMemory “Off-Heap” caching.

I want to start with the free version of BigMemory Max and downloaded the package and also received the license key. I am using the free version as this should just be a PoC!

I thought that should be very easy as both products are provided by SAG but I have encountered several problems. According to the following page it is a 5-step setup for my Java-Application (webMethods IS): BigMemory Max | Quick Start | Terracotta

I have removed following existing files:

./common/lib/ehcache-core-ee.jar
./common/lib/ehcache-terracotta-ee.jar
./common/lib/terracotta-toolkit-runtime-ee.jar

I have added following new file:

./common/lib/ehcache-ee-4.7.2.jar (renamed to ehcache-core-ee.jar)

I added the license key and changed setenv.sh: JAVA_MAX_DIRECT_SIZE=-XX:MaxDirectMemorySize=2048M

When restarting the server I am getting following error:
[ISS.0017.0001E] An error was encountered parsing SoftwareAG-IS-PE.xml: Your license key doesn’t allow usage of ‘ehcache offheap’ capability. See the Integration Server error log for the full stack trace.

When I use the old jars and just add the license key the license is not recognized at all…

Questions:

1. Is is possible to use Free BigMemory Max with webMethods IS 8.2 following the quick-start documentation?
  2. Any idea what is wrong?

Setup:
webMethods: Integration Server 8.2.2.0
java: version “1.6.0_27”

for license key issue, you’d better check with SAG support.
just open a ticket with them

Thanks, this issue is solved. Using BigMemory Go everything seems to be working fine.

Thats a very nice idea Kai. keep us posted how the experiment goes.

Hi Team,

I have similar issue.
I have downloaded the free version of Terracotta 3.7.5 and installed the package, also received the license key.

I have placed the license key in \common\conf folder.
Created a Terracotta directory in and extracted Terracotta packagde details like bin, common etc., folders. Created a tc-config.xml in \Terracotta\bin folder

I have started both wM & Terracotta servers and when I am trying to enable cache in webMethods admin page
I am getting the below error. Please help me how to resolve this

net.sf.ehcache.CacheException: net.sf.ehcache.CacheException: Unable to load class net.sf.ehcache.terracotta.ExpressEnterpriseTerracottaClusteredInstanceFactory. Initial cause was java.lang.RuntimeException: com.tc.config.schema.setup.ConfigurationSetupException: ******************************************************************************* The configuration data in the base configuration from server at ‘localhost:9510’ does not obey the Terracotta schema: [0]: Line 10, column 5: Attribute not allowed (no wildcards allowed): secure in element servers ******************************************************************************* : net.sf.ehcache.CacheException: Unable to load class net.sf.ehcache.terracotta.ExpressEnterpriseTerracottaClusteredInstanceFactory. Initial cause was java.lang.RuntimeException: com.tc.config.schema.setup.ConfigurationSetupException: ******************************************************************************* The configuration data in the base configuration from server at ‘localhost:9510’ does not obey the Terracotta schema: [0]: Line 10, column 5: Attribute not allowed (no wildcards allowed): secure in element servers *******************************************************************************

tc-config.xml has default entries except modification.

webMethods server details:
Version : 8.2.2.0
Java : 32 bit
Java Version : 1.6.0_27 (50.0)

OS details:
Windows 7 professional SP1
System type:32 bit OS

Dear Kai S,

Even I have downloaded the BigMemory4.x and trying to do a POC on wM IS9.5 with but I am configure it. Could you kindly help me configuring it with posting step by step procedure. It will help other team member also…

Thanks in advance !

Regards,
Tanveer

Hi Tanveer,

I have used following documentation for my PoC and it worked fine for me:

1. BigMemory Go: BigMemory Go | Getting Started | Terracotta
  2. webM IS: http://techcommunity.softwareag.com/ecosystem/documentation/webmethods/wmsuites/wmsuite9-5_sp1/Integration_Server/9-5-SP1_Integration_Server_Administrators_Guide.pdf (Page 602)

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers,
Kai

Hi Kai,

I tried doing all steps mentioned by you but still I am not able to configure it.

Following steps I did for configuration

1. Extracted the BigMemory file from .tar file to C:\SoftwareAG
  2. Copy the jar files from \lib(extracted BigMemory folder) and place it in C:\SoftwareAG\common\lib.
  3. Place the terracotta license key for bigMemroy at C:\SoftwareAG\common\conf
  4. Set the JAVA_MAX_DIRECT_SIZE in setenv.bat file
  5. Restarted the IS

In licensing detail I can see the expiration date of terracotta however the BigMemory value is null.
"
Terracotta
License File C:\SoftwareAG\commonconf\terracotta-license.key
BigMemory no
Expiration Date 2014-05-17"

Having said that I have created a cache manager and put the below detail and saved it.
Name - myBigMemoryGoStoreCacheManager
Terracotta Server Array URLs - http://localhost:9530

But I can see that "BigMemory Allocated None ".

Could you kindly check and see what wrong I am doing?

Software detail
OS - Window 7(64bit)
webMethods 9.5 trial version(64 bit)
BigMemory Go 4.1 trail version

Regards,
Tanveer

Dear Satish,

Receiving the same error from while enableing cache in webMethods admin page

The configuration data in the base configuration from server at ‘localhost:9510’ does not obey the Terracotta schema: [0]: Line 10, column 5: Attribute not allowed (no wildcards allowed): secure in element servers

Can you please let us know how you resolved this issue?