Submission to TN failed

Hi,

I am trying send one flat file to TN using routeflatfile servcie.
This is the case:
I wrote one gate way servcie and Hard coded sender ID, receiver ID, content part and Doctype name in TN_parms.
Service successfully submitts the file to TN. But in the transaction analysis , it showing unknown sender, unkown receiver and unkown doctypename.
I tried by changing the docType name in TN_Parms, then its not at all sending the file to TN, but the gate way servcie works fine.

Can anybosy tell me, what might be the mistake?

Thanks
Kris

Please follow this syntax under TN_Params and set the variables with these exact same names,this way TN will recognize your flatfile document in success.

TN_Params/
SenderID (set value)
ReceiverID,(set value)
DoctypeName(set value)

and map flatfile content stream object to ffdata input of routeFlatFile.

HTH,
RMG

Thanks RMG

Did you define a doc type in TN?

Yes Rob, I defined a doc type. Now I can submitt my flat file successfully to TN.

But the problem is, after processing, I will get EDI doc and I need to submitt that back to TN. Here I am getting error.

Warning EDI for TN Inbound Control Number - , expect all decimal digits [EDIFTN.000010.000223]
ERROR EDI for TN EDI qualifier: , ID: [EDIFTN.000010.000232]

These are the errors.
I read the error documentation, but I didn’t understand that exactly

Thanks
Kris

what qualifier you are sending in your EDI document in ISA06,ISA08??Is it DUNS(01) or Mutually Defined(ZZ) or DUNS+Suffix(14) or Phone(12) etc…?? in addICEnvelope.
Is this ExternalIDtype and value exist with respect to your TN partner profile…

Also let us know more details on your EDI partner setup configuration.

HTH,
RMG

RMG,

The following given are ISA and GS of my EDI file.

ISA00 00 ZZSenderID 01ReceiverID 0606070828U004010000036310T>
~GSRASenderIDReceiverId20060607082828583631X004010

Here qualifiers are mutually defined.

Thanks
Kris

So is this qualifiers mutually defined in your sender profile and DUNS in the receiver partner profile matches??Also is TN recognizing your EDI document with Sender/Receiver criteria accordingly?? or is it showing unknown for any of the roles?

Please make sure your profiles has the ExternalID’s and value matches with the EDI document ISA/GS values(case sensitive and no extra spaces are allowed ISA06,ISA08 values.it might cause recognition failure.

HTH,
RMG

Submitting to TN from within a service that was called via TN can be tricky. You need to make sure the pipeline on your “output” submission to TN (your EDI doc) contains only the variables needed for the current submission. Otherwise, TN will pick up variables from the previous run, causing any number of symptoms.

Do a clearPipeline before submitting the EDI data to TN, preserving the variables you need.

The error messages:
Warning EDI for TN Inbound Control Number - , expect all decimal digits [EDIFTN.000010.000223]

Would indicate that at least part of the edidata is empty–no control number, no qualifiers. You may want to double check that.

Thanks Rob and RMG,
Now I can sumitt my flat file to TN and process that to get EDI 820 and again submit back that EDI to TN.

The mistakes I did:

1. In document type definition, I didn’t mention any configuration like pipelina matching and sender and receiver
  2. I didn’t properly passed the sender and receiver qulifiers.

New problem

In response to my EDI 820, partner will send me 824.

1. Using TN receive, I need to submitt this to TN and process that.

What i am getting is, in transaction analysis, I am getting the correct document i.e 824.
But its not detecting sender and receiver id …so the status is done with erors.
(Infact while stepping in to the services, its giving previous edi data i.e edi 820)

— What might the mistake from my side, is this realted to pipe line clean up thing or problem in my flow servcie.

Thanks
Kris

Kris,

Glad to know it is working now…

Is your 824’s transmitted from your partner directly hitting to TN and then a processing rule triggers your flow service… is this your current setup?

Again if TN is not recognizing sender/receiver then problem lies in the 824 document itself…please make sure the senderid/receiverid and qualifiers matches according to your partner profiles and TPA’s.You can fix this and give it a shot.

HTH,
RMG

RMG,

My partner will send the response directly to my TN. But, in development. for testing purpose, I am submitting the 824 to TN using tn.receive service.
Setup:

1. Created one processing rule, which acts on X12 envelop
  2. One TPA , making split at transaction level.

What I did:
I just ran the tn receive service, and saw the transaction analysis.
I can see three levels of documents,(but with different statuses)

1. X12envelop with processing status “Aborted”
  2. X12 group Done
  3. X12 824 Done

(This has to invoke a processing rule, but its not.

error mesaage

An internal error prevented processing from finishing normally on this document. The aborted rule was Processing rule for 824 submission, and the original error message was java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.String
at com.wm.app.tn.route.RoutingActions.invoke(RoutingActions.java:847)
at wm.tn.route.route(route.java:750)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor358.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java(Compiled Code))
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java(Compiled Code))
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.JavaService.baseInvoke(JavaService.java(Compiled Code))
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.InvokeManager.process(InvokeManager.java(Compiled Code))
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.StatisticsProcessor.process(StatisticsProcessor.java(Compiled Code))
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.ServiceCompletionImpl.process(ServiceCompletionImpl.java(Compiled Code))
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.ValidateProcessor.process(ValidateProcessor.java(

Thanks for your help

Kris

I can see three levels of documents,(but with different statuses)

1. X12envelop with processing status “Aborted”
  2. X12 group Done
  3. X12 824 Done

This is fine…

How are you routing 824 to TN? From Admin UI/WmEDI page submit document or else thru a test service that has tn:receive…(in this case it is better to use routeXML service)…

What is your processing service steps are for receiving 824 and extract its content?

Please let us know with your entire steps and testing process.-

HTH,
RMG

RMG,

I am submitting my EDI file trough a test service.

1. map ( created a string ‘edidata’ and set values the data)
  2. tn.receive service (connected node to edi data)
    (I just did like what I did for 820 submission)

This submisisonshould invoke a service , which process my document.
that processing service is a simple one, it will extract the content part from bizdoc and converting that content into string, this will become input to the enevelopprocess.

If you want me to be more clear, I will give the whole process.

Thanks,
kris

Instead of receive,can you try with
2. tn.doc.xml:routeXML service (connected node to edi data)

Please make sure your processing service input is BizdocEnvelope…you should also see the editn_env (document) in the pipeline…since your rule is set to X12Envelope.

Are you able to see bizdoc/content ?? this might be coming null…

HTH
RMG

Thanks RMG and ROb,

Now it is working fine

Regards,
Kris

Hi all,

I’m also experiencing a similar problem. The parameters are being passed in as you have suggested, however the senderID and receiverID are still showing up as UNKNOWN in TN. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason

Jason,

Can you elaborate more on your issue??What is your current process and ActivityLog error are you getting in TN?? What have you tried to resolve it so far?? So that we can assist you better.

HTH,
RMG