EDIINT TN Processing rules Confusion

Hi All
I am quite new to WM and TN and above all EDI , so please excuse any stupid comments. I have a few queries :

I am using EDIINT with TN for implementing internet EDI . The data is UNEDIFACT (96A) EDI data sent over HTTP.

1. I read that TN recogonizes only XML based docs for processing rules. In this case how can I dynamically route documents that is in EDI format (the payload of EDIINT requests are not XML , its pure EDI data).
  2. For the above scenario how can I create queries to extract the document IDs ? ( we’r using conversation manager also ( )
  3. When ever I try to edit (for viewing ) the EDIINT document type in TN it gives an error saying "
    The class for the document type that you are trying to edit is not found in the classpath. Please make sure that the classpath is set up properly. "
  4. What exactly is the purpose of EDI for TN package ?

My understanding is that before routing to TN , there has to be some process to convert the EDI data into XML using templates and schema and stuff etc etc and then let TN take over. Am I right in this thinking ?
Hoping to hear from you guys soon
thankx in advance
Rajoy

Raj,
Assuming you have the WmEDIforTN and WmEDIINT packages, you can certainly process EDIINT msgs with EDI payloads.

1. TN will recognize xml or edi payloads assuming you’ve installed the proper EDI transactions (from the WmEDIforTN homepage in the Server Administration gui).

2. You’d have to check out the TN .pdf files for that one, I haven’t done that in a while, but know it is possible.

3. If you’re seeing that error, that means you probably haven’t placed the appropriate editn and ediint jars in your TN Console’s classpath. See the install guides for that. Once they are in the classpath, you still won’t be able to view the docTypes, but you will be able to view transactions of those particular docTypes.

4. The package allows you to receive edi data into TN. It is “not converted to xml first” as you say. Once you’ve installed the appropriate edi docTypes, that recognition will be done automatically.

Hope this helps.

Hi Mike thanks a lot for the comments
Most of my problems were solved once I installed the Service packs for IS and EDI packages. But there are some issues I faced,

1. The transaction sets are first processed by TN and then the envelope . and the GroupID of each bizdoc (which is supposed to be the doc-id of envelop) is null.

2. In trading network , there is a sample program where one partner (SENDER) sends a document to another partner (RECIEVER) , my idea was that TN was maintaining “MY ENTERPRISE’s” trading network information , so how am I able to make one partner send document to another partner ( without any involment of “MY ENTERPRISE” )

3. Though I am able to invoke my custom action in processing rule when I select “Any Sender” to “Any reciever” , it is not getting invoked for specific sender and reciever even though the external_ids of sender and reciever in the edi document match with that of the TN profiles for sender and reciever.

4. Is it possible to change the data that is assigned as document ID by TN ? (For eg : for ORDERS documents , the doc id is seq number and I would like TN to extract order_number as doc_id).

(FYI : I am using UNEDIFACT 96A standard and the doc types that I am useing are set up fine).

Thanks again for the help
rgds
Rajoy

Hi Mike thanks a lot for the comments
Most of my problems were solved once I installed the Service packs for IS and EDI packages. But there are some issues I faced,

1. The transaction sets are first processed by TN and then the envelope . and the GroupID of each bizdoc (which is supposed to be the doc-id of envelop) is null.

2. In trading network , there is a sample program where one partner (SENDER) sends a document to another partner (RECIEVER) , my idea was that TN was maintaining “MY ENTERPRISE’s” trading network information , so how am I able to make one partner send document to another partner ( without any involment of “MY ENTERPRISE” )

3. Though I am able to invoke my custom action in processing rule when I select “Any Sender” to “Any reciever” , it is not getting invoked for specific sender and reciever even though the external_ids of sender and reciever in the edi document match with that of the TN profiles for sender and reciever.

4. Is it possible to change the data that is assigned as document ID by TN ? (For eg : for ORDERS documents , the doc id is seq number and I would like TN to extract order_number as doc_id).

(FYI : I am using UNEDIFACT 96A standard and the doc types that I am useing are set up fine).

Thanks again for the help
rgds
Rajoy

Hi Rajoy,

Hope you got the solutions to your problems (as I am seeing it was posted in 2003). Could you pls update me how I can resolve the problem of sending the document from one partner to the other. I am able to send a particular document from ‘Any’ to ‘Any’, but if I specify the sender and receiver partners, it’s not able to recognize and I am getting the user status as UNMATCHED. (Your point Nos. 2 and 3)

Can u / anybody pls help me out in resolving the issue…

Thanks,
Kumar

Kumar,

Please make sure that partners Sender/Receiver ExternalId’s are matching accordingly with respect to profile setup and also in the processing rule make selection of partner instead of selecting Any Sender/Receiver.
Test this scenario this should work fine and it will be recognized.

HTH,
RMG.

Hi RMG,

Thanks for trying to help me out. Actually I am giving the same external ID / DUNS numbers for senderID and receiverID fields while sending the document from Developer and based on that only it is reaching (user status is changing as I specified in Transaction Analysis). I checked Identifying XML queries in my TN Doc type PORequest also and they are identifying correctly. In the document type, earlier I didn’t specify anything in the tabs Extract, Namespaces and Options (only specified identifying queries in Identify tab). Now I specified Attributes to extract in Extract tab (by giving the XQL query as well as selecting built-in transformation as DUNS). Now it identified the sender and receiver, but was aborted by throwing an exception in the Developer (and ‘Aborted’ processing status in Transaction Analysis). I tried to attach the screenshots of TN Transaction Analysis and Developer, but couldn’t include, as it is exceeding the 70 KB limit. So I am giving the exception in the Developer here:
Could not process ‘processPO’ (my service name).
com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceException: The user that posted this document (Developer) could not be associated with a partner to check their identity. (In fact, I generated the document type in Developer based on the XML file I used for TN (query processing) and it is matching also, with the structure as well as sender ID and receiver ID attributes).

Pls look into them and help me out.

Thanks,
Kumar

Hi Kumar

Did u check the processing rule that is invoked.
In the processing rule, Please check the action tab, Probably you might have invoked a service that is deleted.

Also check the Sender ID and Receiver ID properly.

Hope these checks would solve ur problem.

Thanks
Rakesh

Kumar,

Please check out Rakesh said suggestions too.You might be missing someting in the TN processing stepup.

Regards,

Hi Rakesh and RMG,

Sorry for late reply (I was on leave and so didn’t see your msgs).
In the Processing Rule Action tab, I had not selected any service to be invoked, but had opted for ‘Change User Status’ with some text like ‘SUCCESS’, which will be shown in Transaction Analysis if document is successfully sent. I checked Sender ID and Receiver ID DUNS numbers properly. If the criteria is Any to Any, but selecting the document, it is reaching and changing the user status ‘SUCCESS’ as I specified in Action tab. But if I select the documents only, it is giving the problem. I checked the document type Identifying queries also once again. (I could not give the screen shots, because of this 70 KB limit for attachments. Can we request for increasing the attachment limit which will be very useful in understanding the cases ?)

Thanks,
Kumar

The key to the problem is:

“Could not process ‘processPO’ (my service name).
com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceException: The user that posted this document (Developer) could not be associated with a partner to check their identity”

So the first issue you ran into was that the sender/receiver were not being extracted from the document, so the rule looking for specific sender/receiver wouldn’t match. Since you added the extract queries for sender/receiver, you’re hitting a different issue.

wm.tn:receive validates that the user that is logged into IS is associated with the profile of the sender indicated in the document. If they do not match, TN aborts processing the document. My guess is that setting your rule to Any/Any no longer works–please advise if it does work. Being logged in with username “Developer” doesn’t provide the privileges needed to pass authorization.

When the profile of the sender and receiver were created, TN Console created IS accounts with usernames that matched the external ID of the profile (DUNS by default). Log in with the sender username to submit the document or submit the document when logged in as a user that is in the Administrator group (may TNAdministrator, I’m not sure). That will get you past the authorization check. Or use routeXml instead of receive.

Hi Rob,

Thanks… my problem was solved. As you said, the problem was with authentication, as I used to use Developer login for Developer and Administrator for TN Console. When I try to execute the service for sending the document from Developer to TN, it’s aborting, but with Administrator login (in Developer), it went fine.

Sorry RMG and Rakesh… I didn’t notice this issue and so didn’t write about it. Anyway, thanks to you all once again.

Best regards,
Kumar