Spod install on Windows 7

I’m trying to install Spod on a windows 7 pc. We’re using Natural 6.3.8. When I run setup.exe, I get the message “the installation is running in the compatibility mode on windows vista…please disable the compatibility mode before starting the installation.”
So, I went to services.msc and disabled the program compatibility assistant service, and I looked at the properties for setup.exe, and the check box for the “run this program in compatibility mode for…” is unchecked.
So, I’m at a loss for a solution. Any ideas. I am fairly new to Spod, but my more experienced colleague was also puzzled. Thank you.

Please scan the registry for AppCompatFlags\Layers, you will need to remove
the entries for not only setup.exe but for idriver.exe as well.

Yes, thanks so much. That worked!!

Glad to hear, you are very welcome :wink:

Best regards,

Wolfgang

I have the same issue: Trying to install SPoD, but cannot due to the Complability Flag issue. I have tried this solution but it still does not work. I removed the 2 entries indicated from:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Cmpatibilty Assistant\Persisted (this is where I found them)
My Windows7 does NOT have the “AppCompatFlags\Layers” folder.

Any other suggestions?

Please check for

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers