SoftwareAG.EntireX.NETWrapper.Runtime.XException: 20020000

Hi. I am trying to make an .NET Windows Form app to run in a server running Windows 2003 Standard x64 Edition and I keep getting the following error:

SoftwareAG.EntireX.NETWrapper.Runtime.XException: 20020000: Internal error, The type initializer for 'SoftwareAG.EntireX.NETWrapper.Runtime.ERX' threw an exception.

This very same application has been tested in several other machines and it works fine, but none of them is running a 64 bits OS. Is there anything else that I should do to make it work in such environment?

Thanks in advance,

Luiz Mattos.

Looks like the problem described in Servline24 under docid 556965
It might look like a path problem.
Finn

Thanks for the answer Finn.

I’ve tried the workaround described in the docid above and I’m still having the same exception. Also, that document is related to Win2003 Standard edition, but not the 64bit version. The 64bit version creates the Software AG folder under Program Files (x86)/Common Files directory, which is not mentioned on the referred document.

Is there another suggestion that I should follow?

Hi Luiz,
and where does the SAG_COMMON environment-var. then point to ?

• also the …(x86).… ?
    Finn

I think this will not work in a 64 bit environment because the required DLLs are 32 bit DLLs and the .Net component is 64 bit.

Finn:
The variable is pointing to ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Software AG’

Rolf:
Yes, as it turns out, the customer support told us that the .NET component is not validated for 64 bits environment, so thats the problem.

Thanks for the answers.

Regards.