EntireX runtime on Windows server 2008

Hi

We are using work bench (eclipse) 3.1.2 to generate dll’s from idl in order to communicate with our web environment.
The whole project works fine in the development environment which uses windows XP.
But when we deploy it to our Windows Server 2008 environment we get the following error.

PackXX.Packxxxxxx > XXXX > 20020000: Internal error, Unable to load DLL ‘erx.dll’: The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)(0) at ASP.user_controls_errorcontrol_ascx.HandleError at ASP.user_controls_errorcontrol_ascx.DoErrorHandling [2640]

[Ref#:3015148b-ecfa-4757-9b39-cc23278aca39]

We have the mini runtime version 7.32.0 installed on all the server environments.

We all have some dll written in VB6 which does not give any errors.

I does seem as if the mini runtime did not register the erx,dll when it was installed and even when we register the dll we still get the same error.

Has anyone else run into this problem before.

If you need any more information please do not hesitate to ask.

Regards
Ivan

Hi Ivan,

is your Windows Server 2008 a 32bit or 64bit operating system?

Anyway, the path to the EntireX runtime is found in the SoftwareAG.EntireX.NETWrapper.Runtime.xml file, member name=“F:SoftwareAG.EntireX.NETWrapper.Runtime.ERX.Location”. Please check that it points to the location where the mini runtime has been installed.

Hi Rolf
It a 64 bit server.

I check the XML for the tag you suggested and there no location tag in the XML.
The only ones i could find was
ember name=“T:SoftwareAG.EntireX.NETWrapper.Runtime.ERX”>

Wrapper class for erx.dll

Can I just add it?
If so what is the value of the tag?

I can post the xml if needed.

Regards
Ivan

Since it is 64 bit you might need a 64 bit mini runtime (that depends on the application and the version of the .NET framework).

And since you are running 7.3 which is out of support since 2009 it is definitely a good idea to upgrade to a newer and supported version (8.2).

The ERX.Location entry was introduced with 8.2, sorry for the misinfomation.

Hi Rolf

The application is 32 bit and is build on .net version 4.

We did get a new mini runtime but, the 64 bit version is not working and we are awaiting for new media kit.

Thank

Ivan