Software Designer Connection issue Over VPN.

Hi,

we are facing the connectivity issue between Software Ag Designer and Integration server over VPN.
Connection between Software Ag Designer and Integration server works smooth on Local LAN.
But while connecting the Software Ag Designer to Integration server over VPN , the connection lost very frequent.
please help if there is some specific configuration needed to be done.

Thanks
Tusar

Hi Tusar,

is Designer → IntegrationServer the only connection affected, or are there other connections affected too?

Might be worth to check with your VPN Operator.

Regards,
Holger

Hi Holger,

Thanks for your reply.
In the same time i am having active RDP session withut any disconnection. and there is no log on VPN disconnection.
its happening only with Software AG and Integration server connection.

Thanks
Tusar

Hi Tusar,

is there a Firewall somewhere on the way which might be disconnecting/reconnecting the clients on a regular basis?

In my scenario this is the case.
I have to use a VPN anyway, inresp. if I am in local LAN, company WLAN or private WLAN.
When I am in a private WLAN there will be a second VPN involved to connect to the companies network and on top of that there will be the VPN to connect to backend systems which are in a seprately secured network segment. In front of this special network segment there is a firewall which controls access to this segment and this one is dropping the connections every 30 minutes.

Regards,
Holger

Hi Holger,

we also manage VPN through Firewall.
but there is no connection drop issue on other VPN sessions. only thing is affecting the software AG.
and its diconnecting in every 2 mins. 30 minis is manageable but not 2 mins.

Thanks
Tusar