SMS Notification through wM

Hi,

We need to send out notifications to people through SMS when a process is completed.

Does anyone have an idea as to how to go about this?

Thanks,
Anant

Hi All,

I am new to webMethods , when i am starting integration server HTTPListener started but when i am opening http://localhost:5555 it’s giving following message please help me out regarding this.

Access Denied.

Services necessary to show the Integration Server Administrator are currently unavailable on this port. This is most likely due to port security restrictions.

If this is the only port available to access the Integration Server, contact webMethods Support.

Anant,

You will need either an internally deployed SMS gateway or a contract with a service bureau that will do this for you. In either case, there will be an API of some sort that will allow you to create and send the SMS message programmatically. Your company or customer will need to provide you with information about their SMS gateway solution in order for you to meet this requirement.

There are several providers that offer web services API’s to send SMA messages. If you were to use one of those providers you would generate a web services connector from the WSDL file provided by the vendor, optimize the generated web service connector to remove hardcoded endpoint addresses (URL’s) and add additional error handling as needed.

Internal software solutions may offer a Java API. If so, you will need to add the java archive file (jar) to the \IntegrationServer\lib\jars folder, reboot the server and then create a simple java service that invokes the appropriate methods to send the message.

Also, you might check out the feedback on SMS Gateway providers at SMSForum.Net for ideas on potential vendors.

Mark

Anant,

You didn’t say where you are at. There are a number of ways to do this. If you are in the US, each service has an EMAIL method to send an SMS. You can search google for the keys to this.

If you are overseas, you will need to contact each carrier to see if they support an email API to sms (like they do here) or if they have a web-enabled sms gateway that you can use by invoking pub.client:http.

If the web-enabled sms gateway is available, then it will be a post-call.

If that is unavailable, then there are a number of private companies that charge for this service.

United States SMS work-around:

• Sprint PCS (10 digit number)@messaging.sprintpcs.com
  • TMobile (10 digit number)@tmomail.net
  • Verizon (10 digit number)@vtext.com
  • Cingular (10 digit number)@mobile.mycingular.com
  • AT&T Wireless (10 digit number)@mobile.att.net

I’m not sure what it is for Nextel. I also don’t know if there have been any changes due to the Cingular/AT&T Wireless merger and the Sprint/Nextel merger.

Ray

Hi,

Now i want to implement the SMS notifications ,first i dont know how apporoach to implement SMS notification through webMethods.
I need a reply as soon as possible.

Hari