Sending Flatfile via AS2/https.

Hi experts,

I have a requirement where I need to send a flatfile to trading partner using AS2 communication.

I have worked on similar requirements sending XML where we send EDIINT document type and we get EDIINT acknowledgement back.( EDIINT MDN).

But for sending flatfile, we do not want to use EDIINT to submit to TN, instead we are using routeflatfile to TN service and submitting the payload to TN where it gets recogized by the TN_Parms.

But I am not sure how to proceed further in sending this document via AS2? Any suggestions. I am only looking for a process where we submit a flatfile documenttype to TN and we get the acknowledgement back.

Thanks in advance.

Sending it with Content-Type = text/plain mode via AS2 works for you but delimiters might lost?

Hi rmg,

Thanks for your reply. I am using contenttype as application/wmflatfile. It is working fine. But is there any process where we can get the acknowledgement back from the trading partner without using the EDIINT.

we’re trying to find a process where we can identify the transaction in the TN by looking at its entry.( if we use EDIINT, we cannot identify the transaction unless we open it )

Any thoughts?

Thanks for your reply. I am using contenttype as application/wmflatfile. It is working fine. But is there any process where we can get the acknowledgement back from the trading partner without using the EDIINT. —>

No…unless you use EDI world (997) or other XML standards.

we’re trying to find a process where we can identify the transaction in the TN by looking at its entry.( if we use EDIINT, we cannot identify the transaction unless we open it )

You are submit the acutal payload (flatfile) to TN right?

Not sure following your request correctly:
HTH,
RMG

Hi RMG,

Thanks again. So, Without using an EDIINT we will not be able to get the acknowledgement from Trading partner. I got this point.

Now, My second clarification is “how to get an acknowledge back from TP using just flatfile submission to Trading Networks”. Do I need to handle this in the processing service and update the status back to TN transaction.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks in advance.

Are you getting/confirmed being ACK sent by your TP? and yes once you get you can invoke a processing service that updates back the TN user status…

Hi RMG, Currently, when we use EDIINT…we get MDN. I am not sure it is automatic setting in AS2 transfer. Similarly, I want to see if we get an acknowledgement back without using EDIINT.

Infact, the TP won’t be sending any acknowledgement XML.

Then you have to customize the response from the original HTTP request and response status (200/202) and then update the TN user status the flat file transaction:

Hi rmg,

Sorry for the late reply. Yes. Exactly I am looking into the same requirement. Do we have any custom service or utility service where a flatfile string is submitted to tradingnetworks ( wrapped with AS2 parameters- like payload mime headers etc etc…) and then after that once we get the response back from TP we can do the logic in processing rule.

If you have any utility which is already built-in or can be referenced. Please let me know.

Thank you.

Can you try AS2 EDIINT:send with “application/x-wmflatfile” as content-Type to send a flat file payload and see if this works?

HTH,
RMG