Submitting Flat File Contents to Trading Networks Using MFT

I’m looking to submit the contents of a flat file to Trading Networks using MFT. I’ll provide the details of what I have available.

IS v9.12
MFT v9.8
OS Linux
TN is running on a different IS from MFT
MFT & TN are managed through MWS that is running on a different server

I’m in MFT and I’ve selected to ‘Execute Trading Network Service’ > ‘Flat File’. Because TN isn’t installed on the server with MFT, I don’t have the WmTN package and its services available.

I don’t want to create a service on the MFT server that would submit the flat file contents over to the my TN instance. I want to perform everything in MFT.

Below are the packages that are available for selection when I choose Flat File:
WmArt
mARTExtDC
WmAssetPublisher
WmCloud
WmDesigner
WmFlatFile
WmISExtDC
WmJDBCAdapter
WmMFT
WmMonitor
WmOptimize
WmPRT
WmPublic
WmRoot
WmServiceMock
WmSubversion
WmVCS
WmXSLT

Thank you,
Ira

Hi,

I understand that your IS/TN and MFT is not tightly integrated and since TN is hosted on different host can’t you trigger a http (post to TN: receive - end point) service from MFT (IS) and this way it will deliver the files to TN uploaded to MFT?

Just think about as in your case the MFT and TN is not tightly integrated so you have no way to invoke as a TradingNetworkService from the MFT event management.

HTH,
RMG

RMG,

I tried submitting the file content to TN using ‘receive’, the content was submitted but the content from the file was submitted between the following tags…
$xmldata : { and }. Thus the TN Document Type was displayed as ‘Unknown’.

Regards,
Ira

Just send it as a xmldata with no flower brackets and tn:receive or routeXML service should recognize the data in TN.

HTH,
RMG

I’m not sending the file with brackets. MFT or TN is wrapping my data in the brackets.

I’ve attached the contents of my file that is being retrieved by MFT. I’ve also attached the contents as it appears in TN (here you’ll see it includes the brackets).

Remember I’m submitting a flat file, not XML. The file content is in JSON format but shouldn’t matter. I’m providing the Doctype, Sender & Receiver when I submit from MFT. All of this information passed is being lost. When I look at the transaction in TN, all of the values that I’ve supplied are showing as ‘Unknown’.
MFT_ContentInTN.txt (16.1 KB)
MFT_ContentFromFile.txt (16.1 KB)