Self Cleaning Nohup.out

Hi,

I’m rather new to the webMethods world and was wondering if there are any plans to implement a self-cleaning process for the nohup files.

In our environment the server can be up for several days and the nohup.out can become 300+MB. From what it seems to me thus far, there is no way to clean that file other than to stop the server, delete the file then nohup ./server &

If there are no plans for changing that process is there anything you can think of that I could add to the cron to pull the data from the nohup.out file and log it with a date stamp in a target directory then self-clean the nohup.out every day such as…

00 01 * * * cat /usr/local/ei/wmei3/webMethods6/IntegrationServer/bin/nohup.out > /usr/local/ei/wmei3/webMethods6/IntegrationServer/logs/nohup.out.$(date +“%Y%m%d”).log 2>&1 && rm -rf /usr/local/ei/wmei3/webMethods6/IntegrationServer/bin/nohup.out

Now I’m guessing that won’t work exactly but hopefully it conveys the idea. Like I said earlier there might be a need to suspend, kill or sleep a lock process, move that session lock id into a tmp file, delete the lock file, sweep the nohup.out into the logs directory, remove the nohup.out, remake the nohup.out, move the lock session id out of tmp into a new lock file, and unsleep/unsuspecd/start the lock process back up so the server and filespace can be back into action without having to restart the server.

Any input would be helpful. Thanks!

setup a cron…

1. check the file size
  2. if more do