Logs Settings

Hi Team,

The server logs for 1 month are stored in the logs folders and the logs of more than 1 month gets deleted.

What we need to change so that logs of at least 2 months can be kept in the logs folder.

Thanks in advance.

H Priyanka,

which version of wM are you referring to?

As far as I know there is no automatic cleanup of log files.

Regards,
Holger

Hi Holger,

We are using 9.8.

I am asking if there is any setting in Properties somewhere so that we can have log files for 2 months?

Thanks for the help.

Hi Priyanka,

I am not aware of such a setting.

Might be worth checking Brainstorm for a FeatureRequest and if none exists, open a new one.

We have written our custom logic to pack all log files from yesterday into a zip to save space on the disk.
These zips will be cleaned up occasionally when we are checking/updating the environments.

Regards,
Holger

I don’t think the logs get’s deleted after a 1month and unless until you have any custom job/scripts automated the /logs folder will have all months of data and please check with your wM admin team on the procedures in place currently and brainstorm with them to figure out better way of handling retention period steps for those IS logs.

HTH,
RMG

Kindly open a new thread on the forum and avoid duplicate posts.

Hi Team,

Thank you all for the help.

I understood that we have an automated service while cleans the server logs folder after every 1 month.

Thanks

Hi Priyanka,

I am not aware of such a service ootb.

Can you check your scheduled Tasks in IS if there is a custom service developed by your team?
Another option might (as already pointed out in this thread) that there is cron job running in your OS which is cleaning up the logs dir.
In this case get in touch with your OS admin.

Regards,
Holger

I believe there is none available out-of-box unless you have some thing custom job… Please check with your OS/wM admin further!

HTH,
RMG