Running a Natural application in a browser

Natural for Windows 8.3.8
Natural Web I/O Interface 1.3.19

Despite my best efforts to follow the installation instructions to the letter, I am unable to execute my Natural application in a browser. The browser, Tomcat, and Natural are all running on the same machine. I used the Natural Web I/O Interface Client Configuration Tool to define a session, but when I logon, I immediately receive “Connection to Natural server ‘xxx’ failed!”.

In the middle of the nwolog.log file I see"WARNING: Exception java.io.IOException: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine". At the end of the log I see “INFO: Connect to host: xxx with port: 2900 failed”.

In Windows Event Viewer, I see the error message “nchInitCommunications() failed with error:” with Source/Provider “Natural 8.3 Web IO Service”.

Has anyone gotten this to work? Any tips on getting my attempts to work?

I have made significant progress, with help from SAG Support. (Thanks, Julie.)

Via Google I was able to correct a bug in catalina.bat of apache-tomcat-6.0.53. This involved removal of references to “java.endorsed” at the end of the script.

Secondly, SAG’s procedure for SSL configuration neglects a step. That is, to copy server.cert.crt & server.cert.key to C:\Windows\SysWOW64 on the Natural server.

I am still working a few issues, but will post resolutions when I have them.