Returning only two rows for bStringTableb type

Hi All,

Has anybody used wmXLTemplate.xls to invoke webMethods services from MS Excel?
I have generated a MS Excel 97/2000 client code of a webMethods 6.0 service using Developer. I followed the procedure mentioned in wmXLTemplate.xls.

I could successfully invoke WM services for ‘String’ and ‘StringArray’ output types. The results are displayed properly.
But if the output type is ‘StringTable’ then only two rows are displayed as output in the Excel sheet.

Appreciate any help…

TIA
RK

Reopening the old issue…

Any idea???

I got the solution for the above issue…
In the VB side, i registered the new WM library file.
Its working…

RK

Hi, RK.

Do you mind describing the process you followed? It will undoubtedly help other people who run into the same problem.

Thanks.

Sure Dan…

Problem:
I have generated an MS Excel 97/2000 client code for one of the webMethods 6.0 service using Developer.
I followed the procedure mentioned in [IS-Dir]\support\Excel\wmXLTemplate.xls.
I could successfully invoke WM services for ‘String’ and ‘StringArray’ output types. The results are displayed properly.
But if the output type is ‘StringTable’ then only few rows are displayed as output in the Excel sheet. i.e. The number of rows being displayed are exactly the number of columns in the stringtable.

Solution:
In wmXLTemplate.xls, it is mentioned that “webMethods Type Library 4.0” needs to be added in Visual Basic. When “webMethods Type Library 6.0” is added then the expected result is achieved. Actually, it was the webMethods documentation problem.

RK

I need to invoke a webMethods flow service from excel client. If service has Strings and String arrays I could successfully compile and run the service from Excel client. But I ran in to a problem when I have a service that has document as the output.

Does VBA support webMethods document and document lists data types?
My flow service has document as one of the output. When I compile this VB code using WM provided template I got this error message.
"User defined type not found. ". I used webMethod Library 6 Type Library. Any one has idea?

Appreciate your help.
Anitha Reddy