Creation of Excel Sheet in webMethods

Hi All,

Can anyone please help me to understand how to create Excel sheet in webMethods?

wM version is 9.8.

Its urgent.

Thanks

Somewhere i could see that we can use RecordListToExcel but i couldnt find this particular service.

Please help.

There are no OOTB services for creating Excel files (Except WxExcel which is a paid utility), however, there are some utilities available here in Tech Community.

You may have to check POI libraries to write your own java service.

1 Like

Are you trying to output the data to a .csv? Will that work for you in this req?

If yes, then use the WmFlatFile Adapter to generate a string output (comma separated) that could create a worksheet and writeToFile with .csv extension.

HTH,
RMG

Hi RMG,

As suggested i have used the WmFlatFile Adapter to generate a string output (comma separated) that could create a worksheet and writeToFile with .csv extension .

But then i could see that the fileds having values starting with zeroes are not coming properly in the excel sheet.

Like if the field values are β€œ00001233” , in the excel we could see as 1233.

But in the CSV file its coming as β€œ00001233”

Kindly help.

Thanks

We know how to retain those leading zeroes while opening the Excel file manually , pasting the contents from CSV file by changing the options from general to text for each of the columns.

But is there any way to do it automatically as we want to send the file to open it proper format at the clients server.

Or can you suggest any other alternative for this issue.

Thanks

Good question, but I have no clue if there is any easier way other than you can try concat each field that has leading zeros prefix with quot(') for eg:'001,'002,'003, and then generate the csv string output so that excel can retain the leading zero’s.

HTH,
RMG

Thank you.

This is working .

:slight_smile:

Hi,

Can anyone please help me to understand how to create Excel sheet in webMethods?. exporting data to excel files using flow service perhaps from oracle database

Hi Stanley,

unfortunately this is not available ootb.

You will have to write some java services by using an office API like i.e. POI from Apache to get access to the excel file formats.

For connecting to Oracle Database you can use JDBC Adapter and Oracle Thin Driver available from OTN (Oracle Tech Net).

Regards,
Holger

Hi Stanley,

Apart from what Holger mentioned above also what extension format is your target system expecting is it .csv or xlsx?

HTH,
RMG

This code package might help you, pls check and make the changes as per your need.

http://techcommunity.softwareag.com/web/guest/pwiki/-/wiki/Main/Java+Service+to+convert+StringList+and+DocList+to+XLS+-+ToExcel+Utility?_36_redirect=http%3A%2F%2Ftechcommunity.softwareag.com%2Fpwiki%2F-%2Fwiki%2FMain%2Forphan_pages%3F_36_advancedSearch%3Dfalse%26_36_orderByType%3D%26p_r_p_185834411_title%3DNatural%2BArticles%26_36_keywords%3D%26_36_orderByCol%3D%26_36_delta%3D5%26p_r_p_564233524_resetCur%3Dfalse%26_36_cur%3D88%26_36_andOperator%3Dtrue

Hi Mahesh,

I have requirement to create native excel from pipeline data.seems this suits my requirement. Can you share latest link for this code. the link is redirecting to home page.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.