Register CD database

Hello, people

Is it possible to register CD databases containing Tamino DB version 3.1.1.8 in Tamino 4.1.4.1? I’ve tried to register it via “Register CD database” from Tamino Manager, but i get the error message: “Database version with compatibility level with CD database not installed or not found”. I understand that it is an incompalibility problem, but i don’t know if it can be solved without the migration mechanism.

Thanx in advance

Daniel.

The simple answer to this is that the versions are not compatible, so the Tamino v3118 database would need migrating to v4141 format.

Hope this helps.

Stuart Fyffe-Collins
Software AG (UK) Ltd.

Thank you, I’ll surely do the migration

Daniel

I made a simple test: I installed both Tamino 3.1.1.8 and Tamino 4.1.4.1 (for performing migration) and I successfully registered a CD database version 3.1.1.8 on Tamino 4, without performing a migration first. After that I was able to start the registered dababase and even query it.

All went ok.

Daniel.

Hi,

the point is that the version of the CD database has to be installed when registering the database.

Regards

Harald

Hello

I encountered another problem on “Register CD database”: I perform a “Prepare for CD” operation on a Tamino 4.1.4.1 database, it completes the job with no warnings or errors, but when I try to register the new-created Cd database from the source directory (e.g. /space/PrepareForCd/DataCD/DataCD.1R0) and I try to start the registered database the starting process fails with the error: “Read-only mode is not permitted because the previous session was abnormally terminated”.

Thanx in advance

Daniel

Hi,

start the original database, shut it down, and then repeat the “prepare for CD”. Then it should work

Regards

Harald