Refresh does not work properly

Hi,

I got the following table settup:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

Before I added the timer control the table (with the first column using the treenode3) was working as expected. Nodes could be opened and closed the scrolling was fine. But after adding the timer to refresh the page, because in the background nodes are continously added or deleted the opening and closing of the nodes do not work anymore, the scrolling does not work in the sence that I do not see any new nodes (which are added at the end - even the scrollbar is at the end and you can see by the moving of the scrollbar that something changed, but you cannot see it, or whatever).

Whats wrong with the refresh. The funny thing is that when I use the context menu refresh (poping up when I press the right mouse button in the Internet Explorer on the actual page, NOT the button at the top of the browser - must be some differences) it refreshes fine, as expected. The new or deleted node/lines are visible or gone. Even the scrolling stays at the right place.

Attached is the code, which is definettely no reference for good programming, but - guess what - I am only fouling around still checking things out ;-).

Any help is very appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob.
RowTableArea2Test4Adapter.java (50.4 KB)

…we just have a look onto it… hope to have good answer soon…!

Bjoern

Hi, just to give you some additional info on which environment I am testing:

• Tomcat 5.5
  • Internet Explorer 6.0.2800 / Firefox 1.5.0.4 / Opera 8.53
  • Adapter stuff is compiled with Java 1.4.2_05
  • Windows 2000

If you need more info, just let me know.

Cheers,

Rob.

Rob,

after a quick scan (I hoped that the JAVA code is compilable, what is not really the case :wink: …) I see: the TREECollection is created multiple times. Please stick to the TREECollection which you create in the variable description for the whole lifetime of your adapter object.

User TREECollection.clear() instead of new TREECollection.

Could you check if this solves the problem?

Thanks! Bjoern

Thanks Bjoern,

you got it. While you pointed that out I even wagely remember that there is somewhere in the documentation something about using the clear() method instead of recreating the TREECollection. I am glad it is working now and sorry for the hassle with the none runable code since there are some private packages, but I guees you already had some feeling what the problem might be ;-).

Thanks,

Cheers,

Rob.