Strange behaviour of textgrid

Hello,

I use nearly the same textgrid in 2 layouts but the textgrid does not react in the same way:

layout 1:

<itr takefullwidth="true">
	<rowtabarea textid4="sector" page4="Pruefsektor" height="300">
		<tabpage id="Pruefsektor">
			<textgrid2 griddataprop="sectorList" width="100%" height="240" selectprop="checked" singleselect="true"				withselectioncolumn="true" directselectevent="onclick" 				singleselectcontextmenu="true">
				<column textid="name" property="sector" width="60%" cuttextline="false"/>
				<column textid="planned" imageprop="plannedIcon" width="20%" cuttextline="false"/>
				<column textid="used" imageprop="usedIcon" width="20%" cuttextline="false"/>
			</textgrid2>
		</tabpage>
	</rowtabarea>
</itr>

layout 2

<itr takefullwidth="true">
  <rowtabarea textid1="sectors" page1="sectors"  height="210">
	<tabpage id="sectors" takefullheight="true" fixlayout="true">
		<itr visibleprop="sectorGridVisible" takefullwidth="true"
						height="100%">
			<textgrid2 griddataprop="usedSectorList" width="100%"
				height="100%" selectprop="checked"                             singleselect="true" withselectioncolumn="true" directselectevent="onclick" singleselectcontextmenu="true">
				<column textid="planned" imageprop="plannedIcon"	width="20%" cuttextline="false"/>
			</textgrid2>
		</itr>
	</tabpage>

Layout 1 works as expected: 3 columns are shown, 1 with the name, 2 with the icons (gif).
In layout 2, only 1 column (name) is displayed, this column is sized to 60 %, the selection column to 40 %. I tried already to use “property” instead of “imageprop” but this doesn’t work either.

BTW: The objects in the textgridcollection are the same.

Thanks in advance for advice.

H. Johannes

…please check the XML code - it was surely not maintained using the Layout Editor!!! :wink:

<== is missing in your layout <== is not possible, only column controls are allows in ITR

Bjoern

This is a nicer layout:

<page model="TestBug1Adapter">
    <titlebar name="Template">
    </titlebar>
    <header withdistance="false">
        <button name="Save">
        </button>
    </header>
    <pagebody>
        <rowtabarea height="300" textid1="sector" page1="Pruefsektor">
            <tabpage id="Pruefsektor">
                <itr takefullwidth="true" height="8">
                    <textgrid2 griddataprop="sectorList" width="100%" height="240" selectprop="checked" singleselect="true" withselectioncolumn="true" directselectevent="onclick" singleselectcontextmenu="true">
                        <column textid="name" property="sector" width="60%" cuttextline="false">
                        </column>
                        <column textid="planned" width="20%" imageprop="plannedIcon" cuttextline="false">
                        </column>
                        <column textid="used" width="20%" imageprop="usedIcon" cuttextline="false">
                        </column>
                    </textgrid2>
                </itr>
            </tabpage>
        </rowtabarea>
        <rowtabarea height="210" textid1="sectors" page1="sectorss">
            <tabpage id="sectorss" takefullheight="true" fixlayout="true">
                <itr takefullwidth="true" height="100%" fixlayout="true">
                    <textgrid2 griddataprop="usedSectorList" width="100%" height="100%" selectprop="checked" singleselect="true" withselectioncolumn="true" directselectevent="onclick" singleselectcontextmenu="true">
                        <column textid="name" property="sector" width="60%" cuttextline="false">
                        </column>
                        <column textid="planned" width="20%" imageprop="plannedIcon" cuttextline="false">
                        </column>
                        <column textid="used" width="20%" imageprop="usedIcon" cuttextline="false">
                        </column>
                    </textgrid2>
                </itr>
            </tabpage>
        </rowtabarea>
    </pagebody>
    <statusbar withdistance="false">
    </statusbar>
</page>

Yes, you’re right :oops: . But it works fine…

Just my second layout (which is a nice layout) doesn’t work as expected (see attachment).

The layout is as following:

<rowtabarea textid1="sectors" page1="sectors" height="210">
	<tabpage id="sectors" takefullheight="true">
		<itr visibleprop="sectorGridVisible" takefullwidth="true" height="100%">
			<textgrid2 griddataprop="usedSectorList" width="100%" height="100%" selectprop="checked" singleselect="true" withselectioncolumn="true" directselectevent="onclick" singleselectcontextmenu="true">
				<column textid="planned" imageprop="plannedIcon" width="20%" cuttextline="false"/>
			</textgrid2>
		</itr>
	</tabpage>
</rowtabarea>

sectorGridVisible is set to true.

…works perfectly fine on my side - pressed “Refresh” in browser?
Bjoern

Well, the layout is refreshed, the webserver is restarted…
I don’t know why this doesn’t work at me…

However, thanks for your help.

Seems to be a problem inside the adapter.

If I return null or new TEXTGRIDCollection() in getUsedSectorList(), the columns are displayed correctly. But if I return a member variable which is initialized in init() and no more touched, the result is as described before.

…if you could provide a mini adapter + mini page: would be great for us…!

Maybe one thing: you should never change the instance of a textgrid-collection (same with other objects that bind to user interface controls). Instead of doing “new TEXTGRIDCollection()” inside the processing you always should keep the instance stable: e.g. by using the clear() method.

Bjoern