Raspberry Pi 4 disconnects and cannot connect anymore

I connected a Raspberry Pi 4 to Cumulocity IoT Platform without any problems following the device tutorial. After a while, the RaspPi disconnects and it seems it cannot reconnect anymore. First I thought it was because of the agent running on the RaspPi, but it seems to be running all the time. I tried with another RaspPi 4 but I have the same issue: it connects to the platform, then it disconnects and never connects again.
Is there a way I can debug things regarding the connection? I couldn’t find anything about that.

Hi Hans,

can you briefly describe how you connect the Raspberry Pi to Cumulocity. Do you use the Raspberry Pi agent which is described here: Raspberry Pi 4 Model B - Cumulocity IoT Guides?

Did you already have a look at the syslog: $ tail -f /var/log/syslog?

Best regards
Christian

Hi Christian, yes I used the guide you mentioned. And the syslog is not mentioning anything about the Cumulocity agent. When I use $ /etc/init.d/cumulocity-agent start ; echo "result: $?" I can see the agent is running.

Now when I restarted the RaspPi (again) I see this for a while: Send connection: offlinePush connection: active, Last communication 17 Aug 2021, 12:26:00 (yesterday)
so something seems to work temporarily. How can I test the connection, by sending messages to and from the RaspPi? I am using the latest version of Node-RED on my RaspPi.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.